cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have three collections that I dispute- they are mine but..

netpanther, I wish my scores were as "dead" as yours. LOL.  Anyway, I guess I would try a GW first, but I can't imagine they will be very helpful with an outstanding balance.  (The experts know more than I).   Of course, you need to make sure they are SOL in your state.  I hate to be the one to tell you, but I personally think you will have to "bit the bullet" and PFD.  But, good luck in either case.
Message 61 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Example Letter

Thanks for answering so quickly. What does SOL mean?  I will look up common acronyms. Thanks- any more suggestions are great and totally appreciated. Thanks, netpanther
Message 62 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I understand SOL is statute of limitations, but these are only about two to three years old and isn't 7 years the limit to which I could just ask to have them removed? Also, once I start disputing these, will it start the ages of the accounts over to the present day? Thanks again so much.
Message 63 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the time that the TL can report, I am talking about the time the CA can sue for it's money.  You need to find your state's SOL.  Mine is 4 years for medical collections.  If you are within that time, the CA may just decide to take you to court.  If the amount it ouside of SOL, then it may just pay for them delete for payment...they will not be able to get their money otherwise.  Understand?  Sometimes, it does not pay to wake a sleeping giant.  Of course, think about how much better you will feel to finally pay off those debts (LOL)  irregardless.
Message 64 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok- I live in KY so I need to look up the SOL for medical collections. Thanks.
Message 65 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes, the responsible side of me definitly want to pay the debts. They are my debts of course- and whatever feelings I may have whether they were justified or not doesn't disclude the fact they are my debts.
Message 66 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep trying to google the SOL for medical bills in KY and can't find specifically re: medical bills. It appears for CC and other loans 5 year all the way up to 15 years. It doesn't break it down really.
Message 67 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is all I can find for KY- I can't find for medical bills.

Kentucky Statutes of Limitation

Recovery of real property: 15 years (KRS 413.0 10).

Judgment, contract or bond: 15 years (KRS 413.110).

Breach of sales contract: 4 years (KRS 355.2- 725).

Contract not in writing: 5 years (KRS413.120). NOTE: Action for liability created by statute when no there is no time fixed by statute: 5 years (KRS413.120).

Action on check, draft or bill of exchange: 5 years (KRS 413.120).

Action for fraud or mistake: 5 years (KRS 413.120).

Actions not provided for by statute: 10 years (KRS 413.160).

Message 68 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
This is all I can find for KY- I can't find for medical bills.

Kentucky Statutes of Limitation

Recovery of real property: 15 years (KRS 413.0 10).

Judgment, contract or bond: 15 years (KRS 413.110).

Breach of sales contract: 4 years (KRS 355.2- 725).

Contract not in writing: 5 years (KRS413.120). NOTE: Action for liability created by statute when no there is no time fixed by statute: 5 years (KRS413.120).

Action on check, draft or bill of exchange: 5 years (KRS 413.120).

Action for fraud or mistake: 5 years (KRS 413.120).

Actions not provided for by statute: 10 years (KRS 413.160).

Hmmm, gonna have to wait for Tuscani or Noah for that one.  Sorry.  Mine says "UCC", so, I dunno.  They will have the answer though, I am confident.
Message 69 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me how to look up KY's SOL for medical bills? Also- is PFD the way I should go? I am confused, but want to do what is best.
Message 70 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.