cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
politikat

Re: PFD Example Letter

Hey there! I'm wondering if I could use a similar letter to ask creditors that are paid off to delete old collections? I have been working diligently for the last year to pay off old debt and bring up my FICO score, but I didn't realize I could request a PFD. Will creditors take old fully paid collections off a credit report? Thanks for the great info, I am definitely going to use the PFD for my two last outstanding accounts. Politikat
Message 81 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

sometimes they will be they have less reason to once its paid off
Message 82 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the example ltr.  What can I do if I have already paid the account and I want the items deleted before 7 years ?
Message 83 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW and hope for the best. If you settled for less then the full balance you could ask for a PFD and offer up more money.
Message 84 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you happen to have a letter for a paid collection account that you would like to have removed from your credit file? I got it deleted off Equifax and Experian, but it's still lingering on my TransUnion report. I would love to see it go away...Thanks
Message 85 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all....very new here but I am catching on very quickly...I sent out 4 PFD's. 3 offering PIF and one offering a settlement of 50%. I sent them all CMRR and have all the returns. Two were to AT&T, one to a dept. store card and one on an account that had a $9.00 balance since 2002.

My question is...Does not hearing from them within the requested 15 days (I used the sample letter from this forum) mean that they are not interested in my offer or should I just wait a little longer? It has only been 3 weeks since I sent them and 2 weeks since I got the green card returns.

I am really anxious about this b/c it should raise my FICO by leaps and bounds....

Also, just want to say thanks for all the great advise I have gotten since I started reading these boards.
Message 86 of 471
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

My experience has been that it takes about 3 to 5 weeks to hear anything when asking for GW or PFD... I issued a series of GWs and PFDs back in mid August, and I'm just now hearing from some of the OCs, and no word from the CAs. Although, CAs are quite recalcitrant about getting in touch. A few years back I was trying to get American Agencies to DV (although I never phrased the letter correctly) and they never got in touch with me -- for over 3 years of letter writing. Now, I know that I could have stated Federal Guidelines about DV and MOV to get them to comply or remove.
Message 87 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! I will just wait a while longer....I am very impatient, and just want this all cleaned up...One of the ones I sent the PFD 50% offer too should have fallen off last year so I think I will dispute if they don't take my offer Smiley Wink

Too bad I didn't realize that BEFORE I sent the offer....jumped the gun a little I suppose.

Message 88 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really dumb question here, but are you not supposed to sign the letter or was this just left off for brevity?

Thanks.
Message 89 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I signed mine, so if we aren't supposed to than maybe that is why I haven't heard anything.

I also, don't understand about what we are supposed to write on the back of any checks we send when paying on a PFD.

Any ideas?
Message 90 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.