Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Example Letter

Tuscani,

Thanks..  gonna try it for acct that shows on 2 reports each month as open acct but charged off..I want it off ASAP. 
Message 11 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

fiskite wrote:
Tuscani,

Thanks..  gonna try it for acct that shows on 2 reports each month as open acct but charged off..I want it off ASAP. 

Good luck! The great thing about PFD is its win-win for both parties. They get their money (or some of it anyway), and you get the negative TL removed.
Message 12 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent letter, I wish I would have found something like this when I paid off all of my collections two years ago... Guess I just didn't know where to look.
Message 13 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I am using this letter for my husband.
Message 14 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Tucani,

I was reading this Credit 101 Thread, and you provide a lot of very helpful information as well as the sample letters...Thanks!

Now my question is regarding the PFD letter, can I send that to collection agencies that I have Paid and or Settled in Full with, to remove the negative  collection accounts from my credit reports?

Thanks,
WiserNow

Message 15 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

WiserNow wrote:
Hello Tucani,

I was reading this Credit 101 Thread, and you provide a lot of very helpful information as well as the sample letters...Thanks!

Now my question is regarding the PFD letter, can I send that to collection agencies that I have Paid and or Settled in Full with, to remove the negative  collection accounts from my credit reports?

Thanks,
WiserNow

Not really as you have already paid. Try a GW letter on paid collections.
Message 16 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I se it has been a few months since this thread was last replied to. Has anyone had any success with this letter. I am definitely going to try it out and will post my results. If anyone else has had success or failure with this please post as well. Thanks.
Message 17 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfection Achieved, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
Message 18 of 471
sl
Established Contributor

I used the letter last week and mailed it on May 8th.  To date, I have not heard anything from the CA but will keep everyone posted.

If this does not work, is a DV my next option?  The SOL comes into play 1/08.

Thanks

Sadie
Message 19 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this worked for anyone?  I heard the CA cannot remove, legally, only marked paid in full, or settled.  I am disputing with a CA right now, and I don't know if I should pay in full, because they wont cooperate. 
Anyone heard of Oxford Managment Services...if yes, what was your experience with them.
Thanks.
Message 20 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.