Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Fail

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

PFD Fail

Well my attempt at a PFD for $135 due to a medical bill was a fail Smiley Sad I sent a PFD, no response. I called and the woman I spoke to said she would ask her supervisor who said no because I didn't respond to the letter they sent in December. I advised that I never received a letter and opened communication due to it appearing on my credit report. I asked what address was it mailed to and it was sent to my address with the apartment # missing-our mail service is sketchy at best and frequently misdelivered, if there is no apartment number specified it is placed on a ledge near the mailboxes for somoene to claim or the maintenence staff to throw away. She went and asked again, same response but I was free to dispute the debt. It's mine so there's really nothing to dispute and the OC will not pull it back so I can't pay them directly.

I am sending them a check for payment just to be done with it but will send a dozen GW letters once the check clears. At least it will show paid even if it doesn't count for anything score wise.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD Fail

I had the same situation with a medical collection so I paid it. Five GWs later and it was deleted. Don't give up.
Message 2 of 4
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I would say althought I am not as versed in some of these processes as some, I would probably have done the same as you.  IF the debt is valid, the PFD was a shot in the dark in hopes to get some cooperation.  IF that didn't work, I would have just paid the debt.  Seems I see a lot of people have more luck with GWs after the PFD fails.  Good luck.

P.S. - Depending how long it will still remain on reports, I wouldn't stop at a dozen GWs if it meant several years before removal.  That's just me

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 3 of 4
jeremyd82
Contributor

3 PFD calls...3 PFD letters..... 19 GW letters all fail.... "we only report correct information" is the responses I have recieved I will be buying a new book of stamps this weekend cant give up i supose.

8/2012 485 FICO
2/2013 611 FICO
6/2013 602 FICO

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.