cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD LETTERS..DO THEY REALLY INCREASE YOUR SCORE?

tag
getit2gether
Contributor

PFD LETTERS..DO THEY REALLY INCREASE YOUR SCORE?

I just rec'd 3 pay for deletion letters from Afni and two from RJM.

Once I pay these, will my score really jump?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD LETTERS..DO THEY REALLY INCREASE YOUR SCORE?

how much depends on your overall credit report- but once they are deleted off- your score should increase- it's just a matter of how much =)  

Message 2 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

How on this green earth did you get a PFD from Afni?  Will you possibly PM me a copy of that or copy/paste it?

Thanks!  Congrats, by the way.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 5
getit2gether
Contributor

I called for the PFD letter. The rep didn't want to send it to me without me giving him a "post dated" payment over the phone.

I wish I would give them a post dated check without a PFD letter in my hand. So once he realized that I wasnt joking, he put a "promise to pay" note in my account.

He said that he was putting in a request to have Afni deleted from my credit reports today. And everything is fine as long as they receive my payment by the 24th of June.

Message 4 of 5
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

they cant even fax you something saying they will do it?  get it in writing- or don't send a check.  They are notorious for telling you anything to get you to pay- and then they wont follow through on their end and you have no recourse.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.