Did you mean: 

PFD Letter: OC or CA?

tag
belinmad
New Visitor

PFD Letter: OC or CA?

Hi,

new in the forums. 

I have two credit card accounts charged off for collection in my credit reports. I have received letters from the CAs (one is NCO the other one is Midland), but in my credit reports I only see the OCs (Amex and BofA). 

Who should I send my letter to? If I pay NCO and Midland, will the charge-off entries be removed?

thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD Letter: OC or CA?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Where did you pull your reports from?

How old is the CO?

Can you pay the entire amount?

If you can and you know the debt is yours, I would write each CA offering to Pay In Full for not reporting.

But this will not take care of the CO'd accounts.  You would need to send them good will letters once paid.

Message 2 of 4
belinmad
New Visitor

Thanks for the reply!

I got the 3-bureau report from free credit score.

I stopped paying in 2010 (so yes, they are mine).

I can't pay the full amount, that why I was hoping to send a PFD to each with partial settlement...

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

First I would suggest you go to annualcreditreport.com and get a free report from each CRA.  You get one every 12 months.  This is the government mandated free yearly reports.  It cost nothing.

These reports are directly from the CRAs and are much more detailed and accurate.  Don't get the scores as they are not FICOs and other than educational purposes, won't help you.

The ones you have from free credit score are 3rd party and may be missing information.

What is your state SOL for cc debt?  If these are still within SOL I would not do anything unless you can pay in full.  They could sue you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.