Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Letter

tag
steely72
Established Member

PFD Letter

I recently sent out a PFD letter stating I disputed the debt but that I was willing to pay the amount if they would delete the record from the credit bureaus.   They sent me a letter back validating the $175 debt and telling me where to send the payment.   They made no reference to my offer.   What should my next step be?  Do I tell them, OK you validated my debt, but I'm not paying it unless you delete it from the Credit Bureaus, or do I just ignore the fact they validated it and tell them I will pay if they delete.  Would it be a mistake to call them instead of sending them another letter?   I have every intention of paying it but I want to try every option for deletion first.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD Letter

Who is "them"? If we know, we might be able to give you better advice. Without it, I would just suggest you send it again to a diff person/address.

Message 2 of 3
ntg187
Established Member

Re: PFD Letter

I have gotten positive responses both by mail and over the phone for PFD's. When I first started my credit repair I had a collection company ask me if I would like the item removed from my report upon payment which they then sold as a $10 service (but I had yet to discover this forum and didnt know any better). Since then Ive had positive results discussing the PFD over the phone with a scanned/emailed agreement while I waited on hold. The name of the CA or OC would help people tell you their experiences though since some places go so far as claim a PFD is illegal (like youre some kind of scmuck idiot lol it cracks me up). But tell us who youre dealing with so we can better assist you!

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.