Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Letters

I sent two out last week, and it was using the template that I found on this forum.

What I got back in the mail today, was a computer print out that only lists their client name, the amount owed, what was paid on the account, as well as the "date" the account went delinquent.  Is this sufficient "verification"?  On one of the accounts (water bill), they list a date of delinquency as a time when I was not living in the unit (this is the reason for the dispute). 2 years ago, I paid the water company so it would be removed from my credit and the amount was small ($58).The water company removed this from my credit file but the CA company still lists on my report.

The other is a medical bill for my son that my ex was court ordered to pay, but did not.  Since this is medical, and it would take more than the $400 that the bill is for, to take him back to court and have him pay it, should I just pay and then send the HIPPA forms/information to have them delete?

I am so frustated with this company but I am wondering what would be the best way to go, to get my score boosted.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Letters

Looks like they read your PFD as a DV. I would PFD them again. Had you sent a DV, then, per the FDPCA, they provided enough info (OC name, contact, and balance).

Follow the HIPAA process for the medical. Don't contact the CA for that. Post details over in the Medical Board and someone will steer you in the right direction.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the water bill is paid, why was a PFD letter sent?
Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sidewinder wrote:

I missed that.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didnt send them a PFD for that.  I am guessing they pulled up my name and listed all accounts with them?

I sent the OC a GW asking that they contact the collection agency to remove since it was an error on their part.

Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I understand everything, you sent a PFD of sorts to the OC and they removed with a payment. The CA is still reporting, right? They can continue to report $0 (because the PFD wasn't with them) and can't report a balance because it is paid. If this is the case, a GW to the CA is the best option.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
If I understand everything, you sent a PFD of sorts to the OC and they removed with a payment. The CA is still reporting, right? They can continue to report $0 (because the PFD wasn't with them) and can't report a balance because it is paid. If this is the case, a GW to the CA is the best option.

How would I format a GW letter to a CA?  I have no payment history with them and have already sent a PFD regarding another account.

Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The only advisable way to remove a paid CA (or a CA reflecting a $0 balance) is to send a GW. You'd customize the letter saying something like:

Dear Mr. CA,
I had a water bill that became charged-off on such and such date. On such and such date, I made a payment for deletion arrangement with the water company and they accepted. Shortly thereafter, they removed the charge-off on each credit report (TU, EQ, and EX) and it was done. I recently noticed on my credit reports that you were still reporting on the same debt. I am writing today to request the removal of Mr. CA's listing from the three credit reporting agencies.

Thanks in advance,
You.

....or something like that. I typed on a whim, but I'm sure you could do better. IMO, don't mention the OC by name. Don't mention the former balance. Don't put the OC's acct # on the letter. But, IMO, mention the CA's account number on if you have it (makes things easier for them and might expedite your request). Only send a GW if the CA is reporting $0. BTW, keep the letter to a half-page and you could probably send it with a stamp rather than CMRRR. Don't sign it.
Message 8 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Just reread your post. If you have another OC account with the same CA, I'd wait until they respond to the PFD. If after a few non-responses, then I'd probably send the GW.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
Just reread your post. If you have another OC account with the same CA, I'd wait until they respond to the PFD. If after a few non-responses, then I'd probably send the GW.

Thank You.

Another question, how many PFD letters are "enough"?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.