Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD/ OR GW LETTER NEED ASSISTANCE DOES THIS SOUND OK

tag
pymintz1
New Contributor

PFD/ OR GW LETTER NEED ASSISTANCE DOES THIS SOUND OK

Hello Fico Family,

I need some assistance with writing a GW/PFD Letter I have a judgment for 1375.00 this was reported in 2005. I contacted the attorney who told me that I could make a settlement offer. I contacted the oc and they said they would but would not give me a motion to vacate. What do you think here is the letter that I will send them can someone give me some advice please. I also would like to have them fax this information to me do you think this is a good idea. I'm in the process of buying a home and I can not have a judgment on my credit file.

Dear:

This letter is to confirm our telephone conversation on 3/26/2010 regarding the fact that I would like to make

an offer of full settlement of the above account. I will pay your company the amount of (_____) as full and final settlement for this account in one lump sum available 3/29/2010. Upon receipt of payment, (_____)hereby agrees to:

File for motion to vacate and delete the account noted above from all 3 major credit bureaus, within 10 days, and send me a written notice of such deletion to the address listed in this letter.  I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If this settlement agreement is acceptable to your company under the laws of Accord & Satisfaction, please acknowledge this with your signature in the space provided below and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of the signed letter of agreement I will immediately give you access to credit card number for the amount stated above.  Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Authorized Representative Signature/Date

Print Name/and Title

Sincerely,

Thanks in advance

FICO SCORES
TRANS 708 EQUIFAX 651 EXPERIAN 640 moving a inch at a time.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD/ OR GW LETTER NEED ASSISTANCE DOES THIS SOUND OK

Motion to vacate is with the court, not with the CRAs

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

This isn't to the CRA, it is to the OC, who filed the judgment.

I would look up some examples of GWs to get an idea of what to say.  You want them to want to give you a motion to vacate.

Message 3 of 11
pymintz1
New Contributor

The OC had the attorney file the judgement on their behalf. So are you saying the letter sounds harsh?

Thanks

FICO SCORES
Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I wouldn't say it sounds harsh, it almost sounds like you are telling them what to do.

Message 5 of 11
pymintz1
New Contributor

Ok help me out what should I change. I know at that time my circumstances was bad I was going through a divorce the ex had taken the car. I had got laid off from job it was a bad time for me. The attorney was being a pain I know he was doing his job. It was just a bad time for me in my life. Sorry not complaining this is still my fault and I'm not trying to get out of fixing this.

FICO SCORES
Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your letter should go to the prevailing plaintifff's attorney.

It is basically OK, but I agree, a bit too "up front."

Dont mandate dates.

Simply ask that, in exchange for your promise of immediate payment, they agree to make timely motion in court for dismissal of the judgment against you as being fulfilled.  I would not demand more than that, for that is all they reasonably would agree to.  Decision to vacate is up to the court, not to pleadings of the parties.

This is an extremely low-profile matter on the judge's agenda, so if done with sugar, will probably be granted.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you going to pay the full amount or make a settlement offer for less?

Message 8 of 11
pymintz1
New Contributor

Thanks Robert I will change this and repost.

I'm making a settlement for less I've spoken to the OC and they will take 600.00 instead of the 1375.00. Should I send this to the OC first then the attorney? The attorney has to send this to the OC. I'm trying to get them to send me something stating they have accepted the offer on paper. I need this by friday for me to get the house loan. Don't want to sound pushy just eager. My loan officer says that if this is paid it will improve my credit score. I told him from reading in the forum on here it will not. It will just update and say paid. I was trying to get it removed so maybe that would boost my credit score hopefully. Smiley Sad

Thanks for answering

FICO SCORES
Message 9 of 11
pymintz1
New Contributor

Ok what do you think of this letter?

Dear:

This letter is to confirm our telephone conversation on 3/26/2010 regarding the fact that I would like to make an offer of full settlement of the above account. I will pay your company the amount of (_____) as full and final settlement for this account in one lump sum available 3/29/2010. In exchange for immediate payment, (_____) hereby agrees to:

(name of company) agrees to make a timely motion in court for dismissal of the judgment against (name here) as being fulfilled, and delete the account noted above from all 3 major credit bureaus and send me a written notice of such deletion to the address listed in this letter.   I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If this settlement agreement is acceptable to your company under the laws of Accord & Satisfaction, please acknowledge this with your signature in the space provided below and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of the signed letter of agreement I will immediately give you access to credit card number for the amount stated above.  Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Authorized Representative Signature/Date

Print Name/and Title

Sincerely,

FICO SCORES
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.