Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Offer Backfired???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Offer Backfired???

Sent a letter to CA offering to settle debt with PFD and just received another letter from a different CA on the same account. The old CA is still listed on my report.  Should I dispute to get it removed since they are no longer the active CA?

On top of the notice they EMAILED it has totally different company they are saying I have a debt with in the body of the letter, but in the upper right hand corner it says the correct OC.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Offer Backfired???

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent a letter to CA offering to settle debt with PFD and just received another letter from a different CA on the same account. The old CA is still listed on my report.  Should I dispute to get it removed since they are no longer the active CA?

On top of the notice they EMAILED it has totally different company they are saying I have a debt with in the body of the letter, but in the upper right hand corner it says the correct OC.  

I would be suspiscious of anything emailed.....

CALL the listed CA and find out if they are still the valid collector on the account.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Offer Backfired???

Yes, I think that is my next step.  Really suspicious....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.