Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Question

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

PFD Question

I have four medical collections accounts with one CA.  Three of them will drop off by Jan of 18, at which time I will have one collection account still on my CR and some late payments that will drop about a year from now.    The other account won't drop until Feb of 19,  I haven't recieved any collections attempts on this debt in some time.   If I offer a PFD for the newest one to get it off my report and then have a clean report in 1 yr from now how likely is it that the CA will start trying to collect the older accounts?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Question

Not sure of the direct answer to the question ask, especially w/o having a clue which CA ( some leave clues) ...

However in general, if one doesn't know if kicking a 🐝 nest will be trouble or not and it would be a moot point in a little over 100 days, why kick it now?

It's basically September, now...so month 10,11,12 then 18 days into January the 3 of concern drop anyway...

One might focus on a different issue, continue stacking cash towards a too good to pass up PFD just after New Year's and stay 🐝 free
Message 2 of 6
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure of the direct answer to the question ask, especially w/o having a clue which CA ( some leave clues) ...

However in general, if one doesn't know if kicking a 🐝 nest will be trouble or not and it would be a moot point in a little over 100 days, why kick it now?

It's basically September, now...so month 10,11,12 then 18 days into January the 3 of concern drop anyway...

One might focus on a different issue, continue stacking cash towards a too good to pass up PFD just after New Year's and stay 🐝 free

CA is TD Solutions/Mutual Management 

The 3 of concern drop in a little over 100 days, but the CA can still attempt to collect.   So not sure I want to waken the beast.

By Feb of 18 the only collections on my account will be the one I am asking about.   If I could PFD it then  I would have zero collections account and 4 late payments that will drop next September.   I would have a clean report about 5 months sooner.  Is it worth the risk.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 3 of 6
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

My recommendation is that you wait until the others collections have been dropped from your report for at least a month, before you try PFD of the newest one.  IThat is because f the CA becomes aware that you have paid the newest collection action, they may go after you extremely actively.  As another recommended, don't kick the nest until 30 or more days after your the collection actions fall from your reports by the end of February 2018.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok you say they can still 'attempt' to collect after the 100 days and speak of concerns about waken the beast

But isn't that same beast gonna be whom they are Feb 19
If we play the 'what if' game
What if the PFD awakens the beast to say NO and seek blood all around....

At least, in 100 days there's no reporting issues

Either way if you attempt to PFD one account IF the concern of them still trying to collect is the same and in their court

As a matter of fact IF it were ME and someone requested a PFD for item A and I had items B,C&D I've got leverage either way... again if I want to go there

I'd 'feel' better about my 'deal' to delete if I got 'something' on the other 3 accounts or at least a bigger chunk of #4 knowing I can hold the other 3 over the other party's head... remember they came me asking for a PFD, that means it's valuable let's see how valuable

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can just about guarantee when you ask the CA about the newer debt they are going to say "Oh we have this one too". My advice is that unless there is a likely chance of them suing you for the debt, let it lie at this point.

How big are these collections? Do you know the SOL in your state?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.