Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Question

I had a credit card with Credit One Bank that was sold last week to MSW Capital out of Brazil.

I sent Credit One Bank a PFD letter with the full amount. What should I do now? I have a chargeoff on my credit report from them that i don't know how to get off and i guess I have a collections from MSW Capital but how to i contact Brazil? This is a mess. I could use any advice.

Thank You

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TugChris
Valued Member

Re: PFD Question

How long ago did you send the PFD? Sometimes they need a little "convincing" because they do not respond. If you have the money and are willing to PFD I would keep sending letters ever 2-3 weeks untill they get tired of you and agree.

12/12/2009: TU 607 EQ 589
03/24/2010Smiley Sadvia lender) EX 688
04/01/2010: TU 718 EQ 717
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a credit card with Credit One Bank that was sold last week to MSW Capital out of Brazil.

I sent Credit One Bank a PFD letter with the full amount. What should I do now? I have a chargeoff on my credit report from them that i don't know how to get off and i guess I have a collections from MSW Capital but how to i contact Brazil? This is a mess. I could use any advice.

Thank You

I don't know that it is legal for a different country to try and collect in the US.  I will find out what I can.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

seminolz,

What state are you in?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Georgia. I just got a letter today from Credit One Bank. They stated that the debt was sold and they gave me the address and number. I assume i can't get Credit One to remove the charge off now since they don't own it anymore? I have the number and address to the new owner of the debt. Any help in getting this removed is appreciated. I saved my tax refund and can pay the whole amount owed to them.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, unfortunately GA doesn't require CAs to be licensed or bonded.

What address and number did they give you for MSW?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.