Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Questions

tag
Aviator08
Established Member

Re: PFD Questions

Why are the pfd letters sent through registered mail?
Message 11 of 14
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@Aviator08 wrote:
Why are the pfd letters sent through registered mail?

I think it is so that you as the sender can have confirmation that a "real person" signed for it and they recieved it on whatever date.

I could be wrong though Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 14
titanofold
Established Contributor

You don't want to send PFD via Certified/Registered mail. Just a regular poastage stamp will do.

Going the certified route potentially makes the letter more of an attack rather than you humbly asking a favor.

You only send payment CMRR.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 13 of 14
titanofold
Established Contributor

I haven't seen an instance yet where a PFD triggered the TL to be reported again. I'm not saying it won't happen, but the chances could be small.

If you offered less than full payment, try upping the ante. If they still don't accept the PFD after a PIF offer then you'll have to determine if risking the consequences of not paying are worth it. You can wait for the TL to be excluded from your report before you pay, but than you risk being sued if that debt is with the SOL.

Ultimately, paid is better than not paid under a manual review even though it will not help your score.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.