Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Responce

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

PFD Responce

Hi - I sent a PFD to Reliant recovery Service for Half of the balance due  and they sent me a letter saying pay the full (with added fee's) and we certify that we will stop all collection activity. It does not say delete.. should I send another letter or is this the way they write it so they wont get into trouble with the CRAs? I only have till the 5/28 according to there letter.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Responce

Send another letter. You want to be sure you understand what is happening in plain english. Make sure that it says delete from your credit reports.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like that's what they are saying..they will stop ALL COLLECTION ACTIVITY...but maybe you should send another letter just to be sure...Isn't the OC and the CA basically the same company..their recovery department is reporting their collection accounts...
Message 3 of 10
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

okay I will do so.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 4 of 10
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

The OC is western dental and the Collection Agency is Reliant recovery Services  it says on behalf of and as legal representative of western dental, the sum of 599 (originally it was 433) as settlemetn in full... bla bla bla
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 5 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Stopping all collection activity can mean a lot of things, including ceasing to report to CRAs. But, it doesn't have to mean that. That verbiage was just too nebulous for my taste.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay...I thought maybe the OC was someone like Reliant Entergy..that's why I said that...well..you DEFINITELY..need to send another letter...
Message 7 of 10
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

How does this look??? any suggestions or changes?

Reliant Recovery Service, INC

2210 East Route 66, Suite 101

Glendora, CA91740

May 19, 2008

Re:      Account #:                  xxxx

Original Creditor:         Western Dental/119/WCC

Amount:   $ 433.00

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your response on 5/2/08 regarding the disputed above named account. I am writing because your letter dated 5/2/08 stated that you would stop all “collection activity” but did not write to say you would delete from all Credit reporting agencies you should be made aware that in TWYLA BOATLEY, Plaintiff, vs. DIEM CORPORATION, No. CIV 03-0762 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, 2004, the courts ruled that reporting a collection account indeed is considered collection activity.

Therefore I would be willing to pay the disputed amount of 433.00 when I receive a letter sating the above account in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 8 of 10
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

oh and should I CMMR to the one who sent it to me
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that - nice reference!
Since they said the offer was only valid til 5/28, I would def. send it CMRRR so you know you held up your end of the bargain by continuing the dialogue in a timely manner. Also, to make sure that it gets back to the person you corresponded with before.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.