Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Response... What now

tag
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

PFD Response... What now

Early in May I sent a PFD to the CA for an item reporting to EX. ( Had I known I would of sent a simple PFD letter not the demanding version that floats around here on the forums) 

I noticed within a week after sending the PFD the item was no longer reporting to Ex. It left me wondering. Fast forward to today; I get a letter from the CA. The Letter is dated July 9th and says:

Mr. GLIGUY23

Your undated letter mailed on May 28, 2013 and received in this office on May 29, 2013 on the above mentioned account as payment in full and stipulates that we delete the item from your credit. 

Unfortunately, your offer is unacceptable at this time. We have nonetheless attached copies of an itemized bill. These copies are all that is need for the purpose of validating debt. This office will assume that this is your intent to pay the claim in full given that a consumer will request validation of the debt not for the purpose of getting out of paying the debt but instead to confirm that the debt that is being paid is actually owed. 

Therefore, Pymen in full or documentation supporting any claim that you may make to indicate that the debt is not actually due and payable is expected upon receipt and review of the attached documentation. 

Should you have further questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact us at the number listed below. This commuication from a debt collector and an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. 

Respectfully

Collection Manager

My question is .. Being that it is currently not reporting.. What should be my next step.. Should i send the Collection Manager the Polite PIF in exchange for PFD? I am kinda stumped as to what action to take next.

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD Response... What now

The problem is you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. They sent itemized bills showing the debt is yours. If you acknowledge the debt, and pay on it, there's no reason for them to delete it, you could however advise i am in recepit of your letter  and as a show of good faith on both parties, willing to pay the debt in full in exchange for a delete. That's my offer as it stands.

Message 2 of 3
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD Response... What now

Anyone else have any input on this? 

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.