Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD? Storage Unit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD? Storage Unit

Hello,

I have an closed collection on my account in the amount of $271 with Simply Storage.. Im willing to pay for delete in full. How should I go about doing so?

A letter? Call? Email? I'm clueless when it comes to this area.  Any and all help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD? Storage Unit

You will get varying advice.

My recommendation, if you are careful not to admit to the debt and state that you are calling only to attempt an equitable resolution, is to call and enter into oral negotiations.

You get an instant response, and can interject some personal appeats.

Yuor negotiating position may also be dependent upon factors such as the DOFD on the debt, and whether it is still within statute of limitations on debt in your state.

Are you aware of the DOFD and SOL?

Best results are usually obtained by making personal contact with an upper management official at the collection agency.

Who are they?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not aware of DOFD (meaning?) nor the SOL in Michigan.  In addition no Collections agency is Federated Collection listed on my CR. 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not aware of DOFD (meaning?) nor the SOL in Michigan.  In addition no Collections agency is Federated Collection listed on my CR. 

DoFD is date of first delinquency and is typically the 30 day late that immediately preceeds the CO.  ]

Michigan is

Oral and Written Contracts;6 Years: §600.5807

UCC- SALES:4 Years:§440.2725

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.