cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success!!!!!! Now just a couple more baddies to kill and need advice!

tag
Boricua_BlueDevil
Established Member

PFD Success!!!!!! Now just a couple more baddies to kill and need advice!

Hello myFICO family!

I thought I would share the success I had last week with the following Collection Agencies that agreed to PFD.  This is obviously huge as I should no longer have any collection accounts on my credit report once these are processed.  I sent a letter first and then waited about 2 weeks and then called in and spoke to Supervisors / Team Leaders.

Revenue Recovery Corporation

First National Collection

Credit Bureau Systems

I do , however, have a couple of baddies I'd like to get removed and am having some difficulty if anyone has some advice on any or all of these.  Smiley Frustrated

• Bank of America - account opened fraudulently by my ex-wife, maxed out, and then charged off.  A judgment was entered a couple of years ago which I never knew about and had it taken care of.  However, BoA isn't accepting my request to have the late payments on the tradeline adjusted. 
  • Discover Student Loans - I got a little behind during my divorce, but all 3 accounts were paid off in July 2014.  The length of delinquency is incorrect and they refuse to adjust the tradelines. 
  • Springleaf Financial - my ex-wife was awarded her van in the divorce; however, we didn't know that she quit making the payments and the van repo'd.  I was never notified (as the co-signor) of any collection activity or repossession.

Starting Score: EQ: 471 / EX: 503 / TU: 502
Current Score: EQ: 594 / EX: 677 / TU: 661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Success!!!!!! Now just a couple more baddies to kill and need advice!

@Boricua_BlueDevil wrote:

Hello myFICO family!

I thought I would share the success I had last week with the following Collection Agencies that agreed to PFD.  This is obviously huge as I should no longer have any collection accounts on my credit report once these are processed.  I sent a letter first and then waited about 2 weeks and then called in and spoke to Supervisors / Team Leaders.

Revenue Recovery Corporation

First National Collection

Credit Bureau Systems

I do , however, have a couple of baddies I'd like to get removed and am having some difficulty if anyone has some advice on any or all of these.  Smiley Frustrated

• Bank of America - account opened fraudulently by my ex-wife, maxed out, and then charged off.  A judgment was entered a couple of years ago which I never knew about and had it taken care of.  However, BoA isn't accepting my request to have the late payments on the tradeline adjusted. 
  • Discover Student Loans - I got a little behind during my divorce, but all 3 accounts were paid off in July 2014.  The length of delinquency is incorrect and they refuse to adjust the tradelines. 
  • Springleaf Financial - my ex-wife was awarded her van in the divorce; however, we didn't know that she quit making the payments and the van repo'd.  I was never notified (as the co-signor) of any collection activity or repossession.

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

For the BoA you will need to go thru the ID Theft process to get it supressed http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 2 of 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

For the judgment, the first step is to file a motion to vacate based on improper service.  You weren't served, the judgment cant stand.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737

Message 3 of 8
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

I'd suggest Lexington Law if you have the means for it.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 4 of 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Lexington Law cant do anything OP can do for themselves.  Waste of money.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing good about hiring a lawyer is that they would be in the know about every legal loophole, negotiation tactic, and the like when dealing with debt issues. Nice if a person has the financial means and does not want to do the work themselves. But IMHO a person can do probably 90 percent of what a lawyer can do with research and work. Unless it's a bankruptcy issue and that's another story.
Message 6 of 8
cabner
New Contributor

From my understanding most of the folks working at Lexington Law know NOTHING regarding the law.  Search the boards here to see what others have to say about LL.  Some are former employees!

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 7 of 8
Boricua_BlueDevil
Established Member

I will most certainly not be usinig Lexington Law as I've been able to have a great deal of success on my own utilizing some of the great tips in the forums.

However, I would certainly like to hear if anyone has suggestions on the Bank of America, Discover Student Loans, and/or Springleaf Financial (repo).  These are the only things left and they are kicking my butt.  LOL

Starting Score: EQ: 471 / EX: 503 / TU: 502
Current Score: EQ: 594 / EX: 677 / TU: 661

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.