Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success and a forum Thank You

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Success and a forum Thank You

Hiya peeps!

I sent my first PFD letter and wanted to share my experience. 

I currently have (6) medical collections, all with one agency, totalling $670. Using the many examples and sage advice on the forum, I created a short-but-sweet heartfelt letter requesting PFD. I mailed the letter on 3/10 and received a positive response about 10 days later agreeing to purge all of the records once payment has been processed. I am not sure how long the removal will take, as I just mailed the payment last Friday. 

Either way, I'm ecstatic and owe everyone on this forum my sincerest thanks. Without the knowledge and support here, I would never have known how/what to do. 

Also on the advice of forum posts, I opened a Capital One Secured credit card in December. I've kept my util between 15-20% and paid in full each month once I received the bill notice. As a result, my Fico scores have really improved. The Current Scores in my sig do not yet reflect any change that may occur once the collections mentioned have been deleted. I am hoping for a bump once those are gone.

I still have more work to do and I am taking it slow and steady. I have a couple more 'baddies', one of which will expire in August, as well as a paid tax lien that will haunt my for a few more years. I also understand that I will likely need to have another credit card in order to really help my scores. But, I'd like to hold off until Jujne or so.

Anyway, thank you all again. Every single one of you really rock. If anyone reading this has felt overwhelmed by the state of his/her credit and hesitated to 'dive in' and fix it, trust me - you can do it!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Success and a forum Thank You

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly, gdale. 

As of today, the accounts have not been removed from my reports. So, I called the CA to make sure they received the payment.  The rep assured me that the payment was indeed received and that they requested the deletion(s) on 4/1. 

My Cap1 statement cuts on the 16th of each month and I typically receive the FICO alerts for any score increase/balance decrease a few days after. Would it be logical to assume that the CRAs may apply the deletions at the same time they next update my Cap1 reporting? 

I know that I need to apply for a second CC and I don't want to attempt it until these are removed. 

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you kindly, gdale. 

As of today, the accounts have not been removed from my reports. So, I called the CA to make sure they received the payment.  The rep assured me that the payment was indeed received and that they requested the deletion(s) on 4/1. 

My Cap1 statement cuts on the 16th of each month and I typically receive the FICO alerts for any score increase/balance decrease a few days after. Would it be logical to assume that the CRAs may apply the deletions at the same time they next update my Cap1 reporting? 

I know that I need to apply for a second CC and I don't want to attempt it until these are removed. 

Its possible, if they use e-oscar system it takes 3-5 business days for changes to occur, if they manually submit it could take up to 60 days.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear, thank you.

I opened my first card (Cap1 secured) in December and I know I need to app for an unsecured quickly to start gaining positive history. I was hoping to do that this month, but guess I might need to wait a couple of months to start that route. :/

Message 5 of 7
UPANDFORWARD
Valued Member

Hi!

Just read your post. Don't know your situation but wondered if you know that you can request to have a paid tax lien removed. I did it in 2012 before applying for a mortgage.

God Bless!

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Understanding-a-Federal-Tax-Lien

Withdrawal

A "withdrawal" removes the public Notice of Federal Tax Lien and assures that the IRS is not competing with other creditors for your property; however, you are still liable for the amount due. For eligibility, refer to Form 12277, Application for the Withdrawal of Filed Form 668(Y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien (Interna... (PDF) and the video Lien Notice Withdrawal.

Two additional Withdrawal options resulted from the Commissioner’s 2011 Fresh Start initiative.

One option may allow withdrawal of your Notice of Federal Tax Lien after the lien’s release. General eligibility includes:

Your tax liability has been satisfied and your lien has been released; and also:

• You are in compliance for the past three years in filing - all individual returns, business returns, and information returns;
  • You are current on your estimated tax payments and federal tax deposits, as applicable.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UPANDFORWARD wrote:

Hi!

Just read your post. Don't know your situation but wondered if you know that you can request to have a paid tax lien removed. I did it in 2012 before applying for a mortgage.

God Bless!

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Understanding-a-Federal-Tax-Lien

Withdrawal

A "withdrawal" removes the public Notice of Federal Tax Lien and assures that the IRS is not competing with other creditors for your property; however, you are still liable for the amount due. For eligibility, refer to Form 12277, Application for the Withdrawal of Filed Form 668(Y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien (Interna... (PDF) and the video Lien Notice Withdrawal.

Two additional Withdrawal options resulted from the Commissioner’s 2011 Fresh Start initiative.

One option may allow withdrawal of your Notice of Federal Tax Lien after the lien’s release. General eligibility includes:

Your tax liability has been satisfied and your lien has been released; and also:

• You are in compliance for the past three years in filing - all individual returns, business returns, and information returns;
  • You are current on your estimated tax payments and federal tax deposits, as applicable.

Thank you very much for the thought, but it's a State lien. It was PIF in 2011 (though the CRA is reporting a 5/2012 paid date for some reason). I wish I could do something to get it removed, but I can't find anything online to get it done. 

Again, thanks for the effort!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.