Mike_G

PFD Success

I mailed in a PFD letter to my only collection, an unknown medical bill for $488.  They agreed to the delete, so I brought in cashiers check for full amount to thier office yesterday.  In turn they gave me a letter stating that bill was paid in full and that furthermore they were removing the item from all credit bureaus.  Should I wait for them to report to the credit bureaus or should I mail in the letter to the bueaus aswell??

Thanks in advance!

8/3/2011
EX:782 EQ:797 TU:782
Established Contributor
casmith1980

Re: PFD Success

I would dispute directly with CRAs. If CA agreed to remove, they won't "verify" information therefore causing it to be deleted.
EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12
Established Contributor
kjm79

I'd give them a little time to make sure their systems update to show the account pif.  If you dispute with the CRA and the CA system still shows it outstanding it will only come back verified.  Most disputes are processed electronically so it may get missed.  If you have no IMMEDIATE need to get them off NOW, give the CA some time to delete as promised.  You shouldn't dispute with the CRA's unless absolutely necessary.  If you see the CA updates next month as paid in full but doesn't delete, then dispute it. 

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
GB44

Mike_G wrote:

I mailed in a PFD letter to my only collection, an unknown medical bill for $488.  They agreed to the delete, so I brought in cashiers check for full amount to thier office yesterday.  In turn they gave me a letter stating that bill was paid in full and that furthermore they were removing the item from all credit bureaus.  Should I wait for them to report to the credit bureaus or should I mail in the letter to the bueaus aswell??

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

I would wait 1-2 weeks for the collection company to submit paperwork to remove the negative tradeline. Most CA's state it can take up to 60 days for an item to be removed from a credit report, but it's often quicker. Disputing with the credit bureau can take about 30-45 days to resolve.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+