Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success!

tag
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

PFD Success!

I love when this works out! I had basically been neglecting my Experian and Trans Union reports because I had Equifax right in front of me. But, I noticed that I had an old Progressive bill on my other two that wasn't on Equifax. So, I sent an email asking for a settlement and delete. Got a call this morning saying that they would accept a settlement, but if I wanted it deleted I'd have to pay the full amount of $300. Done! Plus, I got an email letting me know that it would be deleted. I'm so happy with the progress I'm making!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: PFD Success!

Nice!!!  I am reading that more and more people are having success with emails.  I sent one the other day, albeit for a late removal, but it didn't work out.  However, they did call back the next day, twice.  Plus sent me a return email telling me they were trying to contact me.  So, I might try this with another old CO.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 12
quairosun
New Contributor

Did you email Progressive or did you email a collection agency?

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Very nice Kitty!!!! Way to go!!!

Message 4 of 12
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 12
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

What is re bucket?
Message 6 of 12
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

I emailed the collection agency.

@quairosun wrote:

Did you email Progressive or did you email a collection agency?

Message 7 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Woo Hoo.gifCongrats to YOU!!!    Keep up the great work, oh and Thanks for sharing!!

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 12
OCCA

Hi, I have an old Progressive account too.  Did you contact Progressive directly or the agency they use--Credit Collection Services?

Message 9 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@kitty9779 wrote:

I love when this works out! I had basically been neglecting my Experian and Trans Union reports because I had Equifax right in front of me. But, I noticed that I had an old Progressive bill on my other two that wasn't on Equifax. So, I sent an email asking for a settlement and delete. Got a call this morning saying that they would accept a settlement, but if I wanted it deleted I'd have to pay the full amount of $300. Done! Plus, I got an email letting me know that it would be deleted. I'm so happy with the progress I'm making!!

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.