cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Taking Long to Remove from Reports, Should I Dispute?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

PFD Taking Long to Remove from Reports, Should I Dispute?

I have a Paid in Full Delete letter and account was settled 2 weeks ago, creditor said they would request removal from reports but it could take 30-90days. I've had other things removed in a matter of hours or days from reports. Should I dispute or just keep waiting?? I'm getting impatient and want it gone asap, but I don't want to mess anything up either. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Taking Long to Remove from Reports, Should I Dispute?

Just wait. I waited 2 Months. Give them time. You don't want to cause it to take even longer by disputing.
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Te3030 wrote:

I have a Paid in Full Delete letter and account was settled 2 weeks ago, creditor said they would request removal from reports but it could take 30-90days. I've had other things removed in a matter of hours or days from reports. Should I dispute or just keep waiting?? I'm getting impatient and want it gone asap, but I don't want to mess anything up either. 

Its rare anything happens overnight in the world of credit, removals can take up to 60 days once the info to remove a TL is submitted, as already stated just sit back and relax, work on other things in your credit profile while you are waiting for it to be removed. Good luck in your continued journey Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add that even with deletion apparently the bureaus move at different speeds. My ones that were settled last week (3 med and ERC) are already gone from EQ, but still showing on TU. Sucks because TU will be completely clean once it updates, but patience is part of the cleaning up game I see. *Twiddles thumbs* *waits for alert* 

Message 4 of 5
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Waiting for results is the hardest part of rebuilding! LOL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.