cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD To Franklin Collection Srvds - Is this letter a good idea?

tag
ryan06
Established Member

PFD To Franklin Collection Srvds - Is this letter a good idea?

I am planning on sending this letter to Franklin Collection for an AT&T bill.  Anyone had success with this and is this a good letter?  I know my loan officer said not to dispute anything so I dont want them to update it as disputed because of the letter.  I am posting the letter I plan to send. 

My Name My Address MyCity, ST Zip

Franklin Collection Service, Inc. 2978 W. Jackson St Tupelo, MS 38801
Date: 01/16/2013
Re: Account Number xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your attempt to collect the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt. Please be aware that this is not a dispute of the debt.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information furnisher.

I am willing to pay $xxx.00 as settlement for this debt in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send payment in the amount of $xxx.00 payable to Franklin Collection Service, Inc. in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of Franklin Collection Service, Inc. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer.

Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.
Sincerely,
Me

EQ 705 (FICO) TU 720 (FICO) EX 719
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD To Franklin Collection Srvds - Is this letter a good idea?

Maybe a little overboard or demanding and the CA may not go for it. IMO just stick to the basics....This is an offer of ___% to settle this debt and remove from the CRAs

Message 2 of 9
ryan06
Established Member

Is there a percentage that I should offer that they would be likely to accept, or am I just wasting my time offering a settlement, should I really be offering to pay in full for delete?

Message 3 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

All depends on the amount...ex if its $50 than I would offer the full amount...$250 I would offer $100 and anything over $500 I would start with 25%

Message 4 of 9
ryan06
Established Member

Well its $410, so I was going to offer to pay 70% of that.  Is that offering too much, are they really likely to accept say 25 or 50 percent?

Message 5 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

Yeah I would say it is too much I would offer $150 its like 37% so right in the middle....if not I would go up to $200/$225/$250 so on

Message 6 of 9
ryan06
Established Member

If they dont accept would I expect them to counter offer or just ignore me?

Message 7 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

the will more than likely refuse your first offer however the may counter and if the do make sure before you send any funds that if you pay it goes away

Message 8 of 9
joeman

Did you ever get a reply on the Franklin Collection PFD? What was they result?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.