Cowboys72

PFD Verizon

Ok planning to PFD Verizon via planetfeedback. They claim I owe 933 on account. This amount includes approx. 550 in early termination fees. Should I start at a figure lower than the 933 or do you think that since Verizon is OC and stillnowns full debt they will want PIF?
Regular Contributor
kitty9779

Re: PFD Verizon

I'm in the same boat with Verizon. They are offering me a settlement and I'mnot sure whether to take it. 

guiness56

Cowboys72

My account show DoFD as 10/09 so about 3 years old.
guiness56

Do you know what your state SOL is.  If it has expired, they may be more willing to work with you.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

[ Edited ]

You are asking for two concessions on their part.... CR deletion and settlement for less.

You can, of course, always include both, and get a response. With two negotiation concessions, you may not know which is a show-stopper on their part.

You might then have to decide which is more important to you... CR deletion or satisfaction of the debt, and back off of one or the other in your counter-offer.

The advantages of CR deletion are obvious.

The possible advantage of setting without CR deletion is a bit murkier, as it depends upon their next action.  They could, at any time, charge-off the debt, refer to a debt collector or sell the debt, resulting in a possible charge-off and/or collection reporting. They could also, depending upon the SOL status of the debt, choose to initiate legal action.  Lots of options on their part of which you dont have control.  With protracted offers and counter-offers, they may choose to act on their own.

Maybe someone with specific experience in negotiating with V can give some insight into their usual conduct... do they retain collection, or normally refer to a debt collector?

Are they inclined to bring legal action?

dumb_elephant

Any update how this went and how you contacted Verizon? Do they have an email? Thanks!

Contributor
stonesy

dumb_elephant wrote:

Any update how this went and how you contacted Verizon? Do they have an email? Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing if anyone has input. I see tons of Verizon threads but anytime I respond it seems the entire post is ignored. So far I understand Verizon is hard to deal with and with them being the only NEG on my CR.. I am wanting to get al my ducks in a row before I call them.

We're all happy with approvals and CLIs.. but always remember credit is a gift and a curse.. mostly the latter.Credit is credit.. money is power. Be responsible.
Contributor
stonesy

bump... poke... ?

We're all happy with approvals and CLIs.. but always remember credit is a gift and a curse.. mostly the latter.Credit is credit.. money is power. Be responsible.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}