cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD a CA that falls off in a year or let it fall off by itself ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD a CA that falls off in a year or let it fall off by itself ?

I have a medical collection account that falls off 10/2015 . I disputed it with no luck . Iv had no contact at all with the collection agency ( enhanced recovery) about this account . Should I call them and try a PFD or should I leave it Alone and let it fall on its own ? Would contacting them open a can of worms ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD a CA that falls off in a year or let it fall off by itself ?

Depends on if you are within SOL for your state. Are you in a position to pay it in full if necessary?

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying satisfies the debt.  Just letting the reported collection become excluded from your credit report does not.

CR exclusion will prevent others from becoming aware of the presence of the unpaid debt simply by pulling your CR, but does not result in satisfaction of the debt.

Others may still become aware of the delinquent debt by means other than a pull of your CR, such as simply asking for a disclosure of any unpaid delinquent debt in their credit application.

PFD accoumplishes both earlier CR exclusion AND satisfaction of the debt.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL in my state is 3 years so im not worried about being sued . The balance is 390 but I wont pay more than 150 for them to delete it . They would be stupid not to accept this offer .  Im not applying for anything in the next year so the fico score and my credit reports are basically useless to me . 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the best way to deal with the collection agency ? They've had this debt for 6 years with no contact between us at all . Just call them ?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't call. Write a letter basically saying "I'm not admitting this is a valid debt, but I'm willing to pay XX dollars if you will agree to remove the tradeline entirely"

Ask for a written reply from someone authorized to make such an agreement.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sound better than calling . Thanks a lot . 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That sound better than calling . Thanks a lot . 

I saw a statement on another site that "to a collector, a telephone is just a crowbar used to pry open your mouth far enough to insert a foot."

Include in your letter that telephone calls are inconvenient and unwelcome.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats why I was worried about calling . You dont know whats gonna happen during the call and what may slip out your mouth . You dont get enough time to think , you might be put on the spot to make a decision on something that needs to be studied . 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats why I was worried about calling . You dont know whats gonna happen during the call and what may slip out your mouth . You dont get enough time to think , you might be put on the spot to make a decision on something that needs to be studied . 

Precisely! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.