cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD a collection, but Credit reports are showing Paid/closed!!

tag
Redissochi
New Contributor

PFD a collection, but Credit reports are showing Paid/closed!!

Ok so I have to buy me a new car ASAP and I dont want to apply for any loans until this one collection is removed. So I agreed to a 50% settlement in exchange for a pay for deletion. I got the letter stating that the entry should be deleted however instead of the collection deleting off my reports it is showing as Paid/closed which is doing nothing for my score. What should I do to get this letter over to the CRA's to get this entry deleted so I can apply for my loan?

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD a collection, but Credit reports are showing Paid/closed!!

I wouldn't get the CRA's involved if I were you.

I'd just give them a nice reminder that they were supposed to delete.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD a collection, but Credit reports are showing Paid/closed!!

+1

The CRAs have a policy, expressed in all of their credit reporting agreements and in their joint credit reporting manual, that deletion is not to be reported based on payment of a debt.  Contacting the CRAs on that issue would be tantamount to asking them to intervene in a deletion that is directly contrary to their own policy.

The debt collector accurately reported.  Remedy is asking for their good-will deletion based on assertions made to you, and their implication that they would report a deletion. 

Legal remedy would be to sue them for breach of an oral contract.  Not an easy process. 

I would go the GW route, with a letter to a responsible management official.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.