Did you mean: 

PFD after account is already paid.

tag
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

PFD after account is already paid.

Hi All,

My question is as follows. 

I figured that paying my collection accounts would boost my score but being that they are still there is having a negative effect on my score. (All show as "paid collection")

Would it be a good idea to write or call the collections and ask for some kind of PFD offer.

I'd be willing to pay something to get this stuff removed if it would help me scores.

Thanks...

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD after account is already paid.

@jologan79 wrote:

Hi All,

My question is as follows. 

I figured that paying my collection accounts would boost my score but being that they are still there is having a negative effect on my score. (All show as "paid collection")

Would it be a good idea to write or call the collections and ask for some kind of PFD offer.

I'd be willing to pay something to get this stuff removed if it would help me scores.

Thanks...

You should try a Good will letter at this point although you would have had more leverage with a PFD PRIOR to paying as they would have incentive on removing it for you. Search this forum as it has a lot of info on GW letters.

Message 2 of 7
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I will do that...

Maybe I can add some things about my military service to try and draw on there heart strings..

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jologan79 wrote:

Thanks I will do that...

Maybe I can add some things about my military service to try and draw on there heart strings..

Im sure that would help a bit Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
Message 5 of 7
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Should the GW go to the collection agency or the original creditor?

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jologan79 wrote:

Should the GW go to the collection agency or the original creditor?

GWs goto the entity that is reporting on your CR, if the OC has a TL and the CA another you will need to send 2 GW letters one to each of them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.