Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD and GW Accepted or Declined by CA

tag
Kable
Valued Member

PFD and GW Accepted or Declined by CA

To those who have had successful or unsuccessful PFD or GW lets list them here. Maybe we can get a running list so we all have an idea of what to expect from the CA.

I recently sent in 2 GW's for small medical bills and 1 PFD's for a Tmobile bill. I will post what happens with them when I get some information back

a gentleman is simply a patient wolf
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD and GW Accepted or Declined by CA

CAs:

AFNI - PFD success

American Collection Consultants (in VA) - GW success

OCs:

CapOne - partial GW success

Verizon Wireless - PFD success

Applied Bank - PFD offer after sending a DV of all things

Aspire CC (CB&T) - GW success

I'll repeat what I mentioned before....you and I can send PFDs to the same CA or OC on the same day to the same address and still get different results.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In retrospect, I agree with RobertEG below - in fact, everytime I receive a GW, I am happy to share the fact that I had success, but I am not willing to share the contact person's name or contact info.... not because I'm not willing to "pay it forward" but because the person at the creditor was really nice to help me and I don't want them to later regret it by getting 100 emails or letters from others requesting the same thing. That may actually cause a change in their policy. Instead, everyone needs to develop their own methods so that GWs are gained in one-off fashion, which is why we get success in the first place - we caught the right person on the right day!!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, this entire thread is not a good idea.

Any CR deletion, either by way of a GW or PFD acceptance, based only on payment or offers to pay the debt,  is contrary to their reporting agreements with the CRAs not to delete prior, accurate reporting based on payment of a debt.

To compile lists of creditors/debt collectors who are accepting PFD offers is, in effect, compiling a list of those who act contrary to their credit reporting obligations.

It may, in fact, have the opposite effect to what was intended by making creditors less likely to do PFD deletions.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.