Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD and GW success in 2 days!!!!

tag
abarcla1
New Contributor

PFD and GW success in 2 days!!!!

Hey Everyone.

I just wanted to share some success I recently had with a PFD and GW letter.  I actually had 2 collections with the same company...on paid and one unpaid.  I sent a GW for the paid account and a PFD for the unpaid one.  I sent these via regular mail on 2/26/13...2 days ago.  The company is local (medical collections) so their response was faster than normal.

Anyway, this morning I received a very pleasant call about my GW letter saying they would be glad to remove the negative but that I had another delinquent account.  If I paid it in full, they would issue me a letter today.  I asked for them to send me something in writing but the representative said that they can't do it anymore because they've gotten hurt by people using them to dispute on CR but not paying.  She said she would be glad to have the letter e-mailed to me immediately after payment though.  I took a gamble and went for it.  My reasoning was that collection calls have to be recorded...I think...so if it really came down to it, I would have some sort of recourse...or just send a GW once both were paid.  Within a few hours, I got this:

My Name

Address

Account Number

Client

Balance Paid

Balance Due

Dear Ashley,

Please accept this letter as written notification that Hollis Cobb & Associates has deleted the above referenced accounts from Experian-Credit Data Services, Equifax, and TransUnion.  It may take approximately 60 days after your payment has been made for your credit record to reflect this change.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

So, I just wanted to encourage everyone to take the time to send out your letters.  I had taken a few other steps to rebuild, but I hadn't done this.  Tuesday I bit the bullet and now 2 of the 4 collections on my report will be removed.  I'm hoping for success with the others as well.

Good luck to all of you!  Keep climbing!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD and GW success in 2 days!!!!

@abarcla1 wrote:

Hey Everyone.

I just wanted to share some success I recently had with a PFD and GW letter.  I actually had 2 collections with the same company...on paid and one unpaid.  I sent a GW for the paid account and a PFD for the unpaid one.  I sent these via regular mail on 2/26/13...2 days ago.  The company is local (medical collections) so their response was faster than normal.

Anyway, this morning I received a very pleasant call about my GW letter saying they would be glad to remove the negative but that I had another delinquent account.  If I paid it in full, they would issue me a letter today.  I asked for them to send me something in writing but the representative said that they can't do it anymore because they've gotten hurt by people using them to dispute on CR but not paying.  She said she would be glad to have the letter e-mailed to me immediately after payment though.  I took a gamble and went for it.  My reasoning was that collection calls have to be recorded...I think...so if it really came down to it, I would have some sort of recourse...or just send a GW once both were paid.  Within a few hours, I got this:

My Name

Address

Account Number

Client

Balance Paid

Balance Due

Dear Ashley,

Please accept this letter as written notification that Hollis Cobb & Associates has deleted the above referenced accounts from Experian-Credit Data Services, Equifax, and TransUnion.  It may take approximately 60 days after your payment has been made for your credit record to reflect this change.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

So, I just wanted to encourage everyone to take the time to send out your letters.  I had taken a few other steps to rebuild, but I hadn't done this.  Tuesday I bit the bullet and now 2 of the 4 collections on my report will be removed.  I'm hoping for success with the others as well.

Good luck to all of you!  Keep climbing!!!

Big Congrats!! I just mailed 2 GW letters and paid collections, hope i get same resutls!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 3
abarcla1
New Contributor

Re: PFD and GW success in 2 days!!!!

I've read that most people have fairly good luck getting paid collections removed. 

I read your post.  Those are really small amounts and if you explained what caused you to have a delinquency and you're nice (which I read is a really big part of it), I'm sure you'll have some success.

Good luck!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.