Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD by Phone or Mail ?

tag
elm84
Contributor

PFD by Phone or Mail ?

In the next 2 weeks I am planning to pay off some of my debts starting with most recent and going back.. Should i send a letter or just call and offer? and If I send a letter do i include the funds. I figure if I pay the full balance they will be more inclined to delete.

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD by Phone or Mail ?

@elm84 wrote:

In the next 2 weeks I am planning to pay off some of my debts starting with most recent and going back.. Should i send a letter or just call and offer? and If I send a letter do i include the funds. I figure if I pay the full balance they will be more inclined to delete.

I prefer to have all communications in writing especially if you are dealing with CAs. You do not send the funds with the PFD offer you wait for a response. I will also let you know you may not get a response from the creditor or CA but if you are offering the full amount for delete you are more than likely to get some response. Not all will be receptive to a PFD (Cap-1 & FP) come to mind... All you can do is try, oh and if you are dealing with any inside states SOL I would only do so if you can PIF immediately. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Results may vary.

I've done both. I've had more success over the phone, telling them what I could pay biweekly and them agreeing to whatever I said. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
elm84
Contributor

I am going to Pay 3 Medical Bills

Suntrust (I am gonna try and just pay them Directly it is with ERC as reading on here people haven't had success with PFD with them lately.. Then I have ATT with EOS and then that is it

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 4 of 5
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Good evening! if you are trying to negotiate a pay for delete,I would do it by US mail and, I would not send them any money unless they agree to delete in writing....Good luck:-)

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.