Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD call

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

PFD call

I just called a collection agency I have listed and told them that if I PIF would they delete it and they said YES! I'm over the moon! It was a small account. They said that two weeks from the 29th it will be off my credit report. I hope my credit goes up!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD call

which collection agency?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me you got something in writing before paying it off?

Message 3 of 11
greent
Frequent Contributor

I did not. . . 

Message 4 of 11
greent
Frequent Contributor

Berau of medical economics

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them back and get it in writing if you can. A verbal agreement is still a contract though, so i think you should be fine. Also, if you have a smartphone, install a call recorder app before you call them. There are many free ones. All my calls are recorded by default and saved to flash/cloud just in case i may need them.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zumroff wrote:

Call them back and get it in writing if you can. A verbal agreement is still a contract though, so i think you should be fine. Also, if you have a smartphone, install a call recorder app before you call them. There are many free ones. All my calls are recorded by default and saved to flash/cloud just in case i may need them.

Don't you have to notify people you are recording them for it to be legal?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Texas. Texas's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law

Message 8 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good job getting that done. Getting it in writing is good, if you can. However, I do remember another member on here, who is very well up to speed on his laws and regulations, told someone that a verbal agreement is also legally binding in this situation. But I'd still try to get it in writing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 11
girlonmission
Valued Member

when you call the collection company they already said the call is recorded. there is no need for you to tell him you are also since you are only making a copy of your call also.  I have ACR on my phone.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.