cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD charged off bank acct.

tag
Ty21

PFD charged off bank acct.

Hello, a few years back I became delinquent on a bank acct. It was eventuelly closed on 04/2009 and "charged off". It is still with OC. The amount is $993.

I realy want to get this taken care of and off my credit if possible. The bank is a Colorado bank.

Any ideas how I would word/construct a PFD for this situation? Also should I offer 25-50% or is it just best to offer PIF?

Thank you all in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD charged off bank acct.

If they charged-off the debt, they have already recouped a portion of the less via a tax writeoff. Probably in the neighborhood of 1/4 of the debt.

Thus, since the debt is not huge, and any payment will require some accounting adjustment, they might not see a huge benefit to receiving payment.... time and effort in amending their accounting ledger, and adusting their next tax return.

By making any payment offer contingent also upon CR deletion, it makes any reluctance even stronger.  It asks for two concessions on their part.... acceptance of less than the full amount of the debt, and CR deletion.

Best chance of getting CR deletion would, in my opinion, be to make an offer for the full debt.

Message 2 of 6
Ty21

Makes sense. Thank you for you input Robert.

So my next question is is there a preferred letter to a bank and OC? Should I use te words alleged debt? Ect. I just want to decrease my chances of aggravating whomever ready the letter.
Message 3 of 6
Junglefever
Established Member

If its FirstBank I'm in the same situation.  Over the phone they insist that they do not PfD.  Have tried that multiple ways.  Have not tried GWing though.

Message 4 of 6
Ty21

It is indeed first bank. Have you wrote a letter? I've heard that they respond differently over the phone that they do in reply to a letter.
Message 5 of 6
Junglefever
Established Member

I've been out of work for 18 months.  My first paycheck since then will be cut on July 1, and on July 2 I'll be mailing a money order ofr full payment as well as a GW letter out to them.  lol.  To be honest, they were pretty awesome to actually bank with so I'm hoping they'll be awesome on this as well.  I am currently trying to track down executive office contact info on them.  How about if either of us gets ahold of that, the other PMs them?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.