cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD declined....

tag
Ty21

PFD declined....

Hello everybody, I sent out a PFD letter to the OC. About a week and a half later I received their reply, which came down to them saying that they will accept my payment in full of $900 and will mark acct as paid in full, but will not remove it from my credit.

What are the actions I can take from this point to have this removed from my credit?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
PeacefulP
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD declined....

Is it past the SOL? If so, I would kindly write back and offer again to pay the amount if they delete. I've heard PFD sometimes work best at the end of the month because agents need to make their monthly quotas. I've never tested this out, but it makes sense. 

Starting Score: TU 634 EQ 614 EX 648 5/20/13
Current Score: TU 631 EQ 643 EX 641 8/7/13 (All Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send it again.  Advise them you are aware it's past the SOL but are willing to show some good faith if they are.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@PeacefulP wrote:

Is it past the SOL? If so, I would kindly write back and offer again to pay the amount if they delete. I've heard PFD sometimes work best at the end of the month because agents need to make their monthly quotas. I've never tested this out, but it makes sense. 

The poster said OC not collection agency. If it was a CA that would make sense but it doesnt. The problem is creditors now see the use of the internet as a bad thing because if you delete for one person, whats to say that person wont go brag all over the internet they got a PFD from such and such. Some companies don't want to violate the FCRA by reporting accurate info, others simply don't care, they just want to get paid. If chase for example accepted PFD and everyone who had a charged off chase account paid them and they collected say 200 million in chargeoffs and the FTC fines them 3 million for violating the act, that's chump change to them. Other companies and creditors can't afford a 3 million dollar fine because they don't have the client base to support such profits from chargeoffs.

Message 4 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

@PeacefulP wrote:

The poster said OC not collection agency. If it was a CA that would make sense but it doesnt. The problem is creditors now see the use of the internet as a bad thing because if you delete for one person, whats to say that person wont go brag all over the internet they got a PFD from such and such. Some companies don't want to violate the FCRA by reporting accurate info, others simply don't care, they just want to get paid. If chase for example accepted PFD and everyone who had a charged off chase account paid them and they collected say 200 million in chargeoffs and the FTC fines them 3 million for violating the act, that's chump change to them. Other companies and creditors can't afford a 3 million dollar fine because they don't have the client base to support such profits from chargeoffs.

There is no violation in deleting a TL for a PFD. 

Message 6 of 10
Ty21

No it's not past sol. I believe there are 3 years remaining. Well ill send it again, any other suggestions?
Message 7 of 10
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

@PeacefulP wrote:

"15 U.S.C. §1681c

Section 605

Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports

Information excluded from consumer reports.

Except as authorized under subsection (b)

of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing

any of the following items of information:

Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report

by more than seven years

In relation to the principles of credit report (section 602)

The banking system is dependent upon fair and accurate credit reporting. Inaccurate

credit reports directly impair the efficiency of the banking system, and unfair credit

reporting methods undermine the public confidence which is essential to the

continued functioning of the banking system.

Technically the CO should stay on the account for 7 years even if paid because that is "accurate" reporting per the FCRA. HOWEVER, every creditor interpts that differently, hence the explaination of my post about who wants to get paid or not.

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

@PeacefulP wrote:

"15 U.S.C. §1681c

Section 605

Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports

Information excluded from consumer reports.

Except as authorized under subsection (b)

of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing

any of the following items of information:

Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report

by more than seven years

In relation to the principles of credit report (section 602)

The banking system is dependent upon fair and accurate credit reporting. Inaccurate

credit reports directly impair the efficiency of the banking system, and unfair credit

reporting methods undermine the public confidence which is essential to the

continued functioning of the banking system.

Technically the CO should stay on the account for 7 years even if paid because that is "accurate" reporting per the FCRA. HOWEVER, every creditor interpts that differently, hence the explaination of my post about who wants to get paid or not.

Yes, accurate reporting.  It does not say they have to report at all.  Only that if they report it has to be accurate.  The FCRA or nobody else can tell a creditor they must report a TL.  And if they choose not to report then that is their prerogative.

Message 9 of 10
Ty21

Well ill be sending another out here within the next few days. So hopefully ill get the reusult I'm looking for.

On another note there was someone else with the same problem that just ended up paying them without a PFD and got it deleted. I doubt I'd have te same luck.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.