cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD denied CA, ,Sent denial on wrong debt What do I do now?

tag
zoe505
Valued Member

PFD denied CA, ,Sent denial on wrong debt What do I do now?

So I sent a PFD letter to NACs for two medical bills that I had showing on my CR. One bill was for $35 and the other was for $124. I got a reply today that stated they do not negotiate settlements outside of the law or extend validation time frames outside of the orginal 30 days. It also goes on to state I must have been given incorrect FDCPA/FCRA information.

However, the top of the letter states a debt number and the original creditor which is for $20. This is not even the same debt that I asked for a pfd for. I don't have this $20 showing on my credit report at all.

So now what do I do? Do I sent them another letter asking for verification of the two debts I originally inquired about?

Do I dispute the debt with the CRA?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD denied CA, ,Sent denial on wrong debt What do I do now?

@zoe505 wrote:

So I sent a PFD letter to NACs for two medical bills that I had showing on my CR. One bill was for $35 and the other was for $124. I got a reply today that stated they do not negotiate settlements outside of the law or extend validation time frames outside of the orginal 30 days. It also goes on to state I must have been given incorrect FDCPA/FCRA information.

However, the top of the letter states a debt number and the original creditor which is for $20. This is not even the same debt that I asked for a pfd for. I don't have this $20 showing on my credit report at all.

So now what do I do? Do I sent them another letter asking for verification of the two debts I originally inquired about?

Do I dispute the debt with the CRA?

Thanks

Best bet use the HIPAA Process for medical collections, you can Google it. You could DV them for the $20 and dispute the others with the CRAs for non validation but I wouldnt do anything till you read up on the process.
Message 2 of 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: PFD denied CA, ,Sent denial on wrong debt What do I do now?

Eq, hippy isn't working too well anymore.  I think they are starting to force the legality (which was never fully determined), since problems on credit reports sells moreproducts (these guys are on the NYSE).

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.