cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD denied - Should i just pay

tag
freewaycompany

PFD denied - Should i just pay

Hello all. Ive been reading the site for sometime now and have a couple questions regarding paying a Charge Off that a CA has purchased. I have written a couple PFD with no sucess in having them accepted (Midland Fund & Portfolio RC). So my question to you all is this..

Has anyone on this forum PIF the amount owed, then waited a couple months and then went ahead and disputed with the CRA? If so, how did it go?

Will my score drop by paying the amount in collections?

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD denied - Should i just pay

Hi, welcome.

What would be your reasoning for disputing after paying?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
freewaycompany

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hi, welcome.

I would like the TL removed. Im wondering if the CA just wipes there hands of it all after the debt is paid. 

Im thinking if that is the case i would be able to PIF wait a while then dispute in hopes that they will not respond and in turn the TL will be deleted.

Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

No, that's not how it works. After you pay them you could send off goodwill letters to ask them to stop reporting.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@freewaycompany wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hi, welcome.

I would like the TL removed. Im wondering if the CA just wipes there hands of it all after the debt is paid. 

Im thinking if that is the case i would be able to PIF wait a while then dispute in hopes that they will not respond and in turn the TL will be deleted.

Disputing valid information is not recommended nor promoted on this board. If you were to just pay the CA then you would have to use GW letters asking for removal of the TL. I see no reason to rush paying a CA, I would just continue PFD letters. A word of caution if this debt is still within SOL I would not be contacting them at all without the full amount due available in cash, some can turn right around and sue. Good luck in your credit journey and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
NYSuperdoodle
New Contributor

I would suggest reaching out to the original creditor. They may or may not be able to take your payment, and they may require PIF, but if they will take payment my understanding is that it'll undercut the reporting authority of the collection agency. From there you'd just need to send a DV to the CA, which they'll be unable to do, and then request deletion. No guarantee of success, but it's a strategy. 

April 1 2014 EQ-555 TU-545 EX- 545
April 29 2014 EQ -714 TU-579 EX- 698
May 1 2014 EQ 721, TU 707, EX 698
All tracked with USAA credit monitoring via Expedia
FICO Score June 10 2014 EQ 719
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.