Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD didn't work!!! Pls, help!!!

tag
goal_seeker
New Contributor

PFD didn't work!!! Pls, help!!!

Good Day everyoneSmiley Happy

I sent a DV letter to CENTRL FINCL and they replied back within the allot time frame and validated that the account was indeed mines and that I owe this money. They even sent me copies of the bill that is outstanding. I, then sent them a PFD letter and this is their reply back. Please advise as what are the next steps I should take. I really want to settle and get it over with. Thanks in advance

This office is in receipt of your dispute and settlement offer letters. As previously advised, this office has thoroughly investigated the account at issue in light of the issue presented and duly validated the underlying debt. Consistent with our earlier determination, the account at issue is valid and past due.

Please be advised, you offer to settle the aforementioned account in exchange for the removal of the negative entry from your credit profile has been declined. Under this office's obligations to and with the credit reporting agencies (CRAs), we are contractually obligated to report delinquent accounts. This office made several attempt to resolve the matter prior to reporting the account to the CRAs was unsuccessful. Therefore, our reporting this account as delinquent to the CRAs was justified and this office shall not remove the derogatory reporting from your credit report. As of May 1, 2008 the amount due and owing is $185.01, which includes interest.

Kindly remit payment or contract 1-800....to establish payment arrangements.

Sincerely,

Dispute Coordinator.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD didn't work!!! Pls, help!!!

I recently sent DV to them mid April...and two days ago..I got a letter saying they were investigating...and all reporting would stop until I get validation...the letters seemed like they were going with the rules...I have not heard anything back yet though...if they sent you validation and refused PFD...I don't think there is anything else to do...you can wait for it to fall off...or pay..them afterwards keep sending them GW asking and begging for removal..maybe they will be in a better place to remove after payment is received...some companies consistently deny PFD...but afterwards they do not verify with the CRA if you dispute it...therefore it will be removed...GOOD LUCK...I'm still waiting on my validation...I know for sure one of the accounts are not mine...and the other seems incorrect...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If its out of SOL id keep up with PFD or wait till it falls off.  You might mention considering bankruptcy.  I told one CA i was considering bankruptcy and I would never pay them if the collection would remain on my report.  They gave in and i only payed 20%  =P  It was like 5 years old though...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you offer to PIF or offer a percentage in your PFD? If you offered a percentage, try offering 5% more. If you offered PIF, just wait a few weeks and send another PFD, preferably to a different person than you sent it to before. Sending it someone higher up the chain may help.
Message 4 of 5
goal_seeker
New Contributor

I offer to pay the original amount which was 126.00.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.