Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD eviction judgement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD eviction judgement?

Has anyone ever had any luck doing a PFD eviction judgement? Due to job loss and the new management of the complex not wanting to work with me I got evicted from an apartment complex a few years ago. The judgement is over 2 years old now and I have not paid anything towards it since the court date. The state is Texas if that makes any difference. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to have it removed from my credit report, and tenant tracker services as well.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD eviction judgement?

The judgment creditor cannot grant deletion of a reported judgment.

Judgments find their way into your credit report via searches of public record information conducted by the CRAs.

They are not reported by a furnisher.  That is also the reason why you cannot file a direct dispute related to public record information.  Theres is no "furnisher" of the reported information in the normal sense.

Some states provide for motions to vacate a judgment based on its satisfaction.  If the court vacates their judgment, then it will be deleted from your credit report.

I would check the statute or reg for your state pertaining to vacature of a judgment based on its satisfaction, and consider paying and then taking that route.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.