Regular Contributor
ChuckG

PFD for $3 ???

So I have this stupid collection from Asset Acceptance for $3.

Originally it was a GEMB/Men's Warehouse line of credit that went to collections. The account was sold to a Asset Acceptance, and sold to to another CA and to another and finally to a place called Intelenet Global, which is who I paid the $180 to have it settled... unfortunately at the time I didn't know what a PFD was, so I just paid them via CC over the phone.

After getting my reports and attacking my baddies, I saw that I had the original charged off account from GEMB and a collection from Asset Acceptance with a balance of $3 (nothing from Intelenet). So I DV'd and Disputed with the CRA. Debt came back validates but the balance was updated from $3 to $0.

Fast forward a few months later and it now shows up with a $3 balance again!

Any chance Asset would accept a PFD for $3? What about the fact that it went to 0 and is now back to 3, does that give me anything to use with the CRA's in showing that it's not a valid debt? (I also have proof of payment to the final CA).

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

Re: PFD for $3 ???

Oh...I'd definately do the PFD...I'd even offer to buy them subway for lunch if they'd do it immediately!! It'll only cost ya $10 total!  :smileywink:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: PFD for $3 ???

Any I though my cousins $17 collection was ridiculous...I think you should offer a PFD...and they should be ashamed of themselves...if they don't accept...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}