Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD for a sold CO?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD for a sold CO?

The DOFD is required per FCRA 623(a)(5) to have been reported to the CRA no later than 90 days after the creditor reported their charge-off.

It should definately be of record in your credit file.

The OC has no formal obligation to "verify" its reporting with you over the phone.

In order to obtain their required investigation and formal verification, you must file a dispute of its accuracy.

If, after obtaining the DOFD, you have basis for contesting its accuracy, then you can file a formal dispute.

The time for paying the OC has passed, since they no longer own the debt.

They have updated their reporting to show a current balance of $0, so their reporting obligation is completed.

Deletion by the OC will require their voluntary good-will.

Disputing is not likely to promote their good-will.

Message 11 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Mortgage companies are going to use your middle score as your credit score.  I would wait until you have the 90 day lates and the other CO removed, if you still don't have 2 out of 3 scores reporting over 700 then call the CRA that stated it would be removed in July and ask again to have it removed early.  By that time you will be closer to July and may find a rep more willing to do it for you.  Good luck!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like EQ removed my CO with the $4k balance that I was disputing the DOFD and therefore deletion date, so with that my score jumped up to 710. That is including the syncb and two 90 day lates. I think I will be able to get the 90 day lates off because my loans were in forbearance during that time. I called and asked sallie mae/navient to send me a copy of the forbearance granted letter and plan on requesting they remove the 90 day late due to the acct being in forbearance. 

I am still planning to continue to dispute the syncb account. At least it is a $0 balance account that will come off soon. Hopefull it will not keep me from my mortgage.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, yes I have decided to dispute the DOFD with EX and EQ. If SyncB will not give it to me, I am not sure how the CRA's are going to get it from them.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.