Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD for account close to SOL?

tag
TimeToWisenUp

PFD for account close to SOL?

Hola,

First time posting. I apologize if there is a similar thread, but I have been looking, searching, reading for 3+ hours and do not find an answer.

I have a settlement offer from FBCS for an account with Uni Of Phoenix accepting 25% of the full amount owed. The acct per EX and EU should be past the SOL by April of 2016, at the latest. I say at the latest since they have different DOFD's.

I WANT to make sure it is removed from my CR, shown as paid in full and can pay up to 50% of the original debt. UniOfPhoenix is reporting the debt, not the CA. What should I do?

1) Send the CA a PFD for the amount they offered?

2) Send the CA a PFD for 50% of the totla?

3) Let it go past the SOL?

I want to buy a new car in the next1-3 months and having this removed should bump my score up, me thinks.

Thanks n Happy EVERYTHING!!

R

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD for account close to SOL?

First, there is no issue of offering any PFD to the debt collector, as they have no credit reporitng to delete.

The debt collector cannot agree to deletion of any reporing made by the OC.

I presume that the creditor has reported a charge-off of the debt, as you refer to their reporitng of the DOFD, which would only have been reporred if they had reported a charge-off.

I also presume that the goal is to get the OC to delete the reporting of the charge-off?

You could call the OC, providing they still own the debt, and make a PFD offer to them, agreeing to pay in exchange for their agreement to delete the reported charge-off.

They may or may not be willing to accept payment directly from you.

You could additionally request that they agree to terminate the collection authority assigned to their debt collector prior to your payment of the debt, thus ensuring that no collection is reported.  There is no way of knowing, if you simply pay the OC, whether or not the debt collector may then report their collection.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.