cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD for legit debt

tag
belle032

PFD for legit debt

Hi everyone!  I'm trying to be more active in the forums because of the amazing information available here.  Before finding the forums I never heard of or thought of sending a pay for delete.  I have the link to the sample letter that starts with stating, "This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed".  If I know the debt is valid, then should I still state the debt is disputed?  If not, does anyone have a sample PFD for a valid debt?  Thanks so much!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD for legit debt

@belle032 wrote:

Hi everyone!  I'm trying to be more active in the forums because of the amazing information available here.  Before finding the forums I never heard of or thought of sending a pay for delete.  I have the link to the sample letter that starts with stating, "This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed".  If I know the debt is valid, then should I still state the debt is disputed?  If not, does anyone have a sample PFD for a valid debt?  Thanks so much!!

The letter you are referring to is not for a PFD. That letter is for disputed items.

If you do a search on forum and weed through several post you will see many examples of PFD letters.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD for legit debt

+1.

You definately dont want that sentence in your PFD letter.  It may result in treatment of your letter as a dispute, and resporting of the account as under dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.