Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD for medical collections?

tag
dream436
Established Member

PFD for medical collections?

Hi allSmiley Happy

I was all ready to send my PFD to the medical collection agencies I owe, but I got cold feetSmiley Sad  Is this the right thing to do?  Do medical collection agencies usually accept PFD's? I know the debt is mine, so I didnt think I should send a DV.  Ive been reading many posts regarding the HIPPA process, but that takes too long?  I would rather go ahead and PFD...but will this work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD for medical collections?

It can't hurt you. Who is/are the medical collection(s) with? It really depends on the CA and how they do business. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
dream436
Established Member

I have three medical collections totaling ~ $2000:

2 with Financial Credit Service

1 with AR Resources

Anyone have any PFD success with these CA?

Message 3 of 9
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

I do not see any experience on this website of interactions with either of those CA's. 

What I would do is make a phone call to each one. See if they will do or have done PFD's in the past. Some CA's are very forthright about their policies. If you get stonewalled by someone up front and they insist that you can't get a PFD, I would talk to someone higher up the pecking order. If you want/need the names and contact info of owners and/or Presidents/CEO's, let me know.

Good luck.

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
dream436
Established Member

Thank you so much for the advice Mambo!  Im just starting on 'my road to 750'!  My GW letter to Chase was shot down so I was a little discouraged with this whole process.  But, Im dedicated to getting that 1st mortgageSmiley Happy Here goes nothin....ill let you know how it goes

Message 5 of 9
lmg

Have you tried going back to the OC?  In my recent experiences, I have been able to pay the hospital & doctors offices and have them pull the debts from the CAs.  Apparently the debts were only assigned - in my most recent conquest (as of yesterday), the OC told me it had been charged off and should never have been sent to collections to begin with!  So they are pulling it back and I don't owe a dime!

Message 6 of 9
Tanafied
Established Member

I agree with Mambo, I would completely call first. I haven't had any experience with either of these CA, but I recently had 6 out of 7 PFD's success just by callng. Like you, I had written the letters, but couldn't bring myself to send them. I sat on my letters for about a month, then one day...I had some wild hair, and decided to give them a call. I was surprised at how easy it all really was. Mine only took phone calls, I never sent the letters. Good luck

Message 7 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Just be aware that once you start communicating with the CA you'll not be able to use the HIPAA process  if your PFD's fail.  PFD's is the faster way to go but there is no gaurantee they'll work. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FCS will do a pay for delete. I just did one with them (took 2 weeks from the time they received it)

They will delete the collection from your credit report FIRST, then send you another dunning like letter that basically says "we received your letter and removed it, please pay this debt to avoid further collection efforts"

so although they didnt respond "in writing", that letter is enough. if they relist it, you could sue them under the FDCPA for fraudulently getting paid.  (you cant say, i got your letter, took them off like you asked, you paid me and im putting it back!)  that would be bait and switch and fraudulently collecting the debt.

realistically, they just want their money, and they are happy to delete it to get it.

I have also done this with NCO and they did it the EXACT same way.

Warning though, you MUST pay in full, they can not accept less than full amount if insurance was involved.  Otherwise the OC violated the terms of the insurance carrier.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.