Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD for old cell phone collection and mortgage application timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD for old cell phone collection and mortgage application timeline

Hi, I will be trying to get a mortgage in the next 60 days for a house I have a Lease option on. I've been working on my credit and my fico's are in the upper 600's. I have three baddies left on my report but since I'm trying to do a VA loan i should be ok because they only require one year free of negative entries. The baddies are:

1. Old medical acct (2006) $52 unpaid

2. Old medical acct (2010) $50 paid

3. Old cellphone acct (2006) $337 balance unpaid

I'm thinking about sending a PFD letter to the CA that has the cellphone account, but am worried that it may reset something or update the activity. As mentioned above, I need a year free of collection activity. I am able to pay in full so I think my chances are good. Just want to make sure my 60 day timeframe is workable without causing any setbacks to my credit. Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenaro

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD for old cell phone collection and mortgage application timeline

What, exactly, is the lendor's requirement of "one year free of negative entries?"

You have negative entries, and you have reported collection activities that are ongoing. 

Does their requirement excuse any unpaid, bad debt initially reported more than a year ago?

I'm kinda puzzled at such a policy.....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.