cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD got collection deleted from 2 of the 3 bureaus...now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD got collection deleted from 2 of the 3 bureaus...now what?

I submitted a PFD offer to a collection agency in May/early June, and despite them never acknowledging the PFD, they deleted their reporting from EQ and TU within a week after I paid at the beginning of June. The collection still shows up on EX, but they haven't updated their reporting since March (and previously, they hadn't updated since October 2015, despite updating every month till then).

It's been about 45 days since payment and about 5 weeks since EQ and TU were deleted.

Should I send a letter asking them to please update their reporting on EX? Call and ask the same thing? I'm leaning towards sending a letter to the CEO again like I did with the PFD, since they never acknowledged it. Not sure how I'd address that on the phone, since I don't know how the rep would act on a request I have no written confirmation of.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD got collection deleted from 2 of the 3 bureaus...now what?

I would just skip straight to writing to the CEO. Hope it gets deleted soon. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait and see if RobertEG or NormanFH have any advice before doing anything since the CA never agreed to a PFD. It might backfire if you contact them again.
Message 3 of 6
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd wait and see if RobertEG or NormanFH have any advice before doing anything since the CA never agreed to a PFD. It might backfire if you contact them again.

How could it backfire if it's already paid? Either they'll delete it or they will just update it to show paid. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes if it shows up being Paid in full, thats exactly what you dont want! You want it to be 100% removed.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt collector has good reason not to have agreed formally to the PFD.

The CRAs all have the same joint policy that furnishers may not delete reporting based on payment of a debt.

They rely on the completeness of their credit reports as to their value to their customers, and dont want accurate information subjectively deleted.

In order to avoid a paper record of violation of their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs, debt collectors are reluctant to put any such agreements in writing.

The consumer should not contact the CRAs regarding any assertion of agreed deletions.

You do not have even an oral contract if they never stated that they would delete in exchange for payment.

Thus, the prior response that there is a chance of reinsertion of their collection with each CRA is a possibility.

However, if you still seek deletion of reporting with EX, you have no option other than to contact the debt collector and raise the request.

If they voluntarily deleted with two of the three CRAs, it was intentional, and they are most likely not going to reinsert.  I would take the chance and contact someone with management authority.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.