Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD help

After some reading and some question asking. I've come to the conclusion that while I would prefer to just let all my medical debt fall off of my credit report with time and let it resolve itself on its own. I do feel that I should make an attempt to get it paid off. However I'm wanting to have it removed as well. How exactly do I go about doing this?. And should l? Also. I spoke to a credit counselor and he's telling me that within 3 months of having this secured card I should be applying for another card Sec or unsec. Anyone who can chime in on this seemingly bad advice?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD help

Why would you call that 'seemingly bad advice'?

You need to get three revolving accounts established as soon as you can. That will grow your scores the fastest.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always hear dont apply for too many too fast. And 2nd one almost immediately after seems bad. Either way why 3? And say i have 3 how do I use them? Or are two just sgonna sit while one gets used?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many too fast is only bad if you already have several active accounts - FICO scoring looks for at least three revolving accounts for ideal scoring. You'll usually get large bumps for the first two accounts and not so much for the third but it helps in the long run. The idea is to establish them all at once to maximize your AAoA.

Use them as much as you can, just pay them down as soon as charges post, and don't let a big balance carry over.  Find out from them when they do their reporting so you can plan for it.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
After some reading and some question asking. I've come to the conclusion that while I would prefer to just let all my medical debt fall off of my credit report with time and let it resolve itself on its own. I do feel that I should make an attempt to get it paid off. However I'm wanting to have it removed as well. How exactly do I go about doing this?. And should l? Also. I spoke to a credit counselor and he's telling me that within 3 months of having this secured card I should be applying for another card Sec or unsec. Anyone who can chime in on this seemingly bad advice?

For medical debt you have some options, you should attempt to clear them in the ordered number, good luck Smiley Happy

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.