Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD help

tag
sparker256
Established Member

PFD help

I have a collection agency that reports 3 bills on my credit report in the amount of approximately $341.00. Id like advice if the following PFD looks good and if any suggestions could be made feel free. Im offering a settlement in hopes that if they refuse they will counter off a PIF PFD. Seem like a good idea?

Collection Agency

1212 Maple St
City, State Zip

Re: Collection Accounts for (My Name) Account #: 00000xxxx, #: 00000xxxx, #: 00000xxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

The account numbers I have are the ones listed on my three credit reports – which omit the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to settle these accounts in the amount of $200.00 for all three if you agree to immediate deletion of these accounts from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have these items removed from my credit files as I would soon like to purchase a home for my growing family. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds, in the form of a teller money order for the settlement amount of two hundred dollars ($200.00) will be sent to Credit Bureau Associates in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt, by law you have the authority to do so.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Credit Bureau Associates. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

You
123 Any Street
City, State Zip

What ya think?

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sparker256
Established Member

Re: PFD help

Bump

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.