Valued Member
DubbaYou

PFD, how much to offer? Best odds?

I have two COs on my CR from credit cards, and 3 from store cards.  I want to PFD all of them.  There are CAs for all of them.  How much do I offer for a PFD?  Does the % you offer effect the odds of getting a GW from the OC?  I owe $1,300 each on the credit cards.  I need them removed, so don't want to get a deal from the CA and then be denied a GW later.

What's the best strategy to get the best chance at PFD

Contributor
Learning_Tee0225

Re: PFD, how much to offer? Best odds?

DubbaYou wrote:

I have two COs on my CR from credit cards, and 3 from store cards.  I want to PFD all of them.  There are CAs for all of them.  How much do I offer for a PFD?  Does the % you offer effect the odds of getting a GW from the OC?  I owe $1,300 each on the credit cards.  I need them removed, so don't want to get a deal from the CA and then be denied a GW later.

What's the best strategy to get the best chance at PFD

I've never given them an amount to settle with the CA's will usually tell you what they will settle for. however you may find that they will only PFD if you PIF as oppsed to settling.

Mortgage ready by 12-31-2013

EQ- 625 June-2013 TU 636 // May-2013 EX 633 May- 2012
Orchard 300$CL
Navy Fed SEC 500$ CL
Navy Fed Cashrewards 3K CL
NFCU GoRewards 1K

Valued Member
DubbaYou

My concern is that I will settle with the CA, they will delete but that the OC won't give me a GW because it was a settlement. 

Does anyone have experience with this?

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

If you settle with the debt collector, knowledge of the OC of the settlement will depend upon whether the OC owns the debt at time of settlement.

If they do, they will be a party to the settlement.  If they dont, they wont know or care about your business with the debt collector.

I doubt seriously, with the collection being deleted and thus not viewable by way of  your CR, that an OC would ever, in handling a GW request, take the time to investigate its payment provisions back through the debt collector.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}