Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD'ing and Collection.Help Needed.

tag
Cynthia1123
Contributor

PFD'ing and Collection.Help Needed.

Hello , I've been lurking the website for a few months and have learned quite a bit, I pulled my reports and have 10 collections that are killing me along with 3 lates from Sallie Mae that I GW'd with no luck. I would like some help in determining what to do next, so far Gulfcoast said that they would delete, please let me know if you guys know if the following CA's delete and what to do next. So far as I mentioned I know that Gulfcoast deletes, the four from Central Financial that are the bulk of my debt refuses to delete if I pay, what can I do about that? Also, I live in Florida so the SOL is five years, it's been more than that for the Central Financial. Also, I've noted next to the Central Financial the date of service at the hospital, when is the DOFD? What does Date Assigned mean?

Any help would be appreciated, I am frustrated with this already ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,lol.

Here are my collections:

Central Financial:

Central Financial:$250 Date Assigned:03/2009 Date of Emergency room vist:04/06/2007

Central Financial:$750 Date Assigned:03/2009 Date of Emergency room vist:03/28/2007

Central Financial:$50   Date Assigned:03/2009 Date of Emergency room vist:04/04/2007

Central Financial:$320 Date Assigned:03/2009 Date of Emergency room vist:11/19/2006

Gulf Coast:

$166 Date Assigned:02/2012

$190 Date Assigned:12/2011

$35 Date Assigned:10/2007

Original Creditor:

Directv

$320 Date Assigned:01/2013

Comcast

$245 Date Assigned:07/2012

I also have an IC Systems and a Unique Financial, do these delete? I basically want to start to PFD everyone, Gulfcoast would be the first..Any tips please help.

Thanks,

Cynthia

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Re: PFD'ing and Collection.Help Needed.

Sorry forgot to mention that I also have convergent and credit management, it's a total of ten but tu and eq have different collections but in each report a total of ten collections with all the central financial 's .

Message 2 of 13
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

IC Systems deleted for me....AFTER I settled the account. I don't know about the rest. 

It was suggested to me that you work on the most recent accounts first, then work your way back to the older ones. 

Try to get all PFD if you can...if not you will end up like me...sending GW removal letters every week.  -__-

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 13
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, ok so should I PFD everyone, Central Financial said "thye don't delete". Also, do you know if I pay the OC that it would be retracted from the CA?

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

IC Systems refused to delete, but deleted after i filed a complaint with the BBB. 

Unique National Collections recently changed their removal policy and will delete as soon as the debt is paid.  (They used to remove a year after it was paid.)

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 13
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Thank you Thank you....

Message 6 of 13
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Thank you guys!

Central Financial doesn't delete at all, should I send them a PFD and annoy them?

Message 7 of 13
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@Cynthia1123 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, ok so should I PFD everyone, Central Financial said "thye don't delete". Also, do you know if I pay the OC that it would be retracted from the CA?

Smiley Happy

My suggestion would be to PFD starting from newest collection and working backwards like mentioned above.

Are you looking for a new mortgage or auto loan anytime soon??

If not, the Central Financial are probably going to be falling off within the next 6 months or so.  If you pull your actual credit reports, it should give you a date that they will be removed from your report.  Personally, if they aren't willing to PFD, and you are outside of your state SOL, I'd ignore Central Financial and let them fall off.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Message 8 of 13
Cynthia1123
Contributor

DrMac210,

Thanks for your reply, I was thinking the same thing with Central Financial, I will let them fall off, what CRA shows date of deletion?

I will pay newest first, also how can I find out if Direct tv, Comcast and my local library will accept paymet and retract from CA?Is that possible?

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@Cynthia1123 wrote:

DrMac210,

Thanks for your reply, I was thinking the same thing with Central Financial, I will let them fall off, what CRA shows date of deletion?

I will pay newest first, also how can I find out if Direct tv, Comcast and my local library will accept paymet and retract from CA?Is that possible?

Thanks

I haven't dealt with Comcast or DirecTV, so no idea with them.

Any of the actual credit reports from the three agencies (TU, EQ, EX) will give the date that the account should fall off. 

Example, looking at my TU report they say a medical collection from 1/2009 has a "estmatied month and year that this item will be removed" as 12/2015.

EDIT: Seems EQ only gives DOFD.  Removal date should be 7 years after DOFD.

These reports are the ones that can be had for free one time per year at various websites.  Mine came from annualcreditreport.com.

The reports here at myfico do NOT list the estimated removal date.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.