cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD letter response from CA.....now what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD letter response from CA.....now what to do?

I started my rebuilding journey this year, and thanks to all the wonderful information found here I am finally making progress! I am a grown up, but just started acting like it so please be gentle if this is a silly question. 

I have two collections on my reports one from IC System Collections for $69.00 and one from Enhanced Recovery Company for $129.00. I sent both CA PFD letters using information found here, and IC System Collections sent a letter back stating they will no longer pursue collection of this account and will return it to OC. I am stuck on what to do from here.

Should I contact the OC and work the PFD with them? 

Should I expect this collection to fall off my credit report, or should I dispute it? 

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD letter response from CA.....now what to do?

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my rebuilding journey this year, and thanks to all the wonderful information found here I am finally making progress! I am a grown up, but just started acting like it so please be gentle if this is a silly question. 

I have two collections on my reports one from IC System Collections for $69.00 and one from Enhanced Recovery Company for $129.00. I sent both CA PFD letters using information found here, and IC System Collections sent a letter back stating they will no longer pursue collection of this account and will return it to OC. I am stuck on what to do from here.

Should I contact the OC and work the PFD with them? Yes, if the OC is also reporting the account, otherwise just pay the OC.

Should I expect this collection to fall off my credit report, or should I dispute it? Give it 30 days, and if its still there dispute it with the statement that "Collector no longer has collection authority for this account"

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.