cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD letter response... what do you think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD letter response... what do you think?

The follow-up letter I have isn't to the CB but to the CA. I believe they want to play ball considering the written statement in their response letter, but I have a letter to clarify and restate the conditions of payment if I don't see items deleted off Experian as I think they're stating in their response letter.
Message 11 of 13
ready13
New Contributor

I dont know if you are familiar with the credit bureaus way of handling a. debt, and no I would never try to trust in the legal process behind being able to aquire the debt collected on behalf of the old debt company. I would learn it thoroughly enough to remember there are always LOOP HOLES THROUGH WHICH you can learn to back YOURSELF up when it comes to these companies and their ways of using the legal aspect that they have to work within in order to get their money. Find out if the collecting company which should be present on your most recent credit report is the old company. That means that the debt has not been re-sold to another agency which is what is not able to be collected with if that is the case. They only re sell your profile a piece of paper stating minimal info on the debt. You must have by law a large number of documents backing the collection they are trying to collect to support their claim. This is your loop hole. If they cannot provide you with those documents within a certain TIME FRAME all legal statements easy to look up depending on the debt it is( example: medical etc they all have variations of the process of documentation that is needed.) They must by law remove the debt from your credit report immediately and provide you with a written document so you can produce this to each of the credit bureaus to further BACK YOURSELF Up in order to recieve a new credit profile update with your new report within 30 days of the documents being unable to be provided for you from the present collection agency. I hope this helped .. GOODLUCKSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
ready13
New Contributor

P.S. if you still believe in who you are sizing yourself up to be handle your debt because you know what you owe, and only you know what you gotta pay. This will never leave your name on a bad note in anyones eyes and will never result in a bad thing in the end. You still need to find out if the debt can or cant be cleared if or when you  know you cannot clear it: Pay for only what you owe to make it right for you because i have not paid 1 collection that has been resold over and over and has not prevented me to arrive to the goals i anticipated on because there is always LOOP HOLES TO EVERYTHING WITH THE LAW and the ways that you set things up to be. I was innocent of all the variations that people are locked into signing for and then owe on things that were never provided. This i will NEVER pay anyone for. I am looking to file a law suit against the orthodontist that stuck me with services for my son that were never given because i was going for a simple consultation : them being aware i was a single mom shopping around and not having much credit and me not wanting to commit to anything before being aware of what i was getting into. I say that is the low of lows, and for me being a mother i will fight for that not to be taken advantage of because i was honest with them and now they continue to pursue to discredit the perfect credit history i have built after that incident. I took a huge hit with TIME which can never be returned to me and which is more than plenty of a reason to seek further legal backing not because i intend to hold up or even go far with it. Im aware he has people working for him he funds to do what they know how to do and i am learning but that is what i am setting up for since he has a reputation to uphold as a docter and orthodontist then i will hit him where it hurts his pocket by staining his reputation which wont go away and wont be huge but it will leave its mark and bug. THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME SO HE REMEMBERS ME because you dont do that to someone struggling to make it when they have nothing much but a dream and some hope to work with.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.