Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD not deleted across all 3?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD not deleted across all 3?

Thanks to this forum, I have 2 PFDs that were hurting my scores. They were paid in full for deletion. 

Now, here's the problem - neither of the deletion were across all 3 bereaus. For example, I still have an AllianceOne collection on my EQ, and it's gone on TU and EX 3 weeks ago. When I called the CA they said it's been reported to delete 4 weeks ago already. They said it could take 30-60 days for the full deletion to appear and there's nothing they could do now.

Is there anything I can do? I need to apply for a mortgage very soon. I have seen people calling EX successfully but want to make sure it doesn't make it worse. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD not deleted across all 3?

If it is still showing on Equifax, when it shouldn't be, I would call Equifax and tell them that the account was supposed to be removed weeks ago, I wouldn't give them any details about the PFD, just tell them that the company agreed to pull the account off of your Equifax report. Hopefully they will get on the ball and remove it. If you have to, call a few times until you find a rep that can help you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks LearningtoImprove for the tip!

Message 3 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Is it the E-Oscar system that creditors/coll agencies use to change status of accounts & to send requests for deletions/updates to the CRAs?

I'm asking because I just had 6 paid medical listings removed in less than 24 hours after disputing the status of said accounts online with 2 CRAs. I'm assuming they just automatically queried the system used between the CRAs & the agencies, and saw that there was a PFD requested.

It's funny though... alot of people are always saying collection agencies dont like to do PFDs because of the CRAs wanting accurate listings of people's credit history... yet if you look at the CRAs online dispute system itself, one of the choices for why you are disputing is a PFD. It's worded differently, but it's definitely a dispute choice for PFDs.

Message 4 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Congrats to YOU for paying your debt in full and having it removed in just 3 weeks from TU and EX. That's quick. I think EQ will remove it, you may just have to wait, just a little bit longer. When you talked with the CA, they said it could take up to 4 to 8wks. If it is not removed in a few weeks, I would call the CA back and see if you can get some answers.

Good luck with shopping for a home and mortgage. Also, you are a wise person for cleaning up your CR before applying for a mortgage. Smiley Wink

It all boils down to finding the right person to help you.This reminds me of the time, I was helping my son with collection with charter cable. It's a long story, so I will make it as short as possible.

Instead of paying the CA, I contacted  the OC(charter cable).  The OC agreed if  PIF, they would contact the CA to have them to remove their info from his CR.  We waited and nothing happened.  My son and I went down to the OC, because the lady we made the agreement with was not returning our calls. Found out they only one person, in the company who deals with the CA and CRA's.  She wasnt there on that day, we were told she had been on vacation for two weeks.  

A few days later, we received a call from the vacation lady.lol. She took care of everything and also apologized. It just happened the day we paid, was the day she left work early, to go on vacation. My son learned a valuable lesson that day, that is to write down the name and number of the person you are dealing with on the phone.  

Denning19, sorry for the long post.  Good luck to you. Let us know how this turns out.Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Lightnin, I am glad your son learned a good lesson there! 

Sorry for the bad news. I called Experian this morning, and it wasn't very helpful. The person I talked to said she can't do anyting, but asked me to go through the dispute process. I decided not to go through with the disupute process, since  (hopefully) it's coming off.

Or, should I dispute? 

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Is it the E-Oscar system that creditors/coll agencies use to change status of accounts & to send requests for deletions/updates to the CRAs?

I'm asking because I just had 6 paid medical listings removed in less than 24 hours after disputing the status of said accounts online with 2 CRAs. I'm assuming they just automatically queried the system used between the CRAs & the agencies, and saw that there was a PFD requested.

It's funny though... alot of people are always saying collection agencies dont like to do PFDs because of the CRAs wanting accurate listings of people's credit history... yet if you look at the CRAs online dispute system itself, one of the choices for why you are disputing is a PFD. It's worded differently, but it's definitely a dispute choice for PFDs.

One reason you would never want to dispute it and just let the deletion sequence take its course. It most likely would not be removed if one checked this box or it will cause a bunch of headaches for the subscriber. Everyone is in such a hurry, you really need to slow down when dealing in the credit system most of it is old and antiquated with the exception of maybe EX since they are the biggest and have very deep pockets..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.